01 April, 2006

Mothers, Flu Shots and Stinkiness.

Mahi is faintly annoyed and amused.
This is because Mahi had to wake up at 7am on a bloody Saturday morning to go with her mum and brother for a flu vaccine.

Aahh the flu vaccine. 'Tis a curious thing, this vaccine is.

It's highly recommended for people above the age of 65.
You might still get the flu even though you are vaccinated.

So basically I'm being injected with the dead flu virus, that may or may not guarantee that I'll never get the flu.
Such is life.

I bloody hate injections.

There was a lot of nervous laughing from my side as the nurse prepared the needle
"Wow, haha, that's a really big needle! Haha!"
"Haha, I really hate needles you know.."
"Haha ohh don't try and distract me! I'm studying psychology, Haha I know what you're gonna -ooowwwwwwwwwww"

So anyway, my brother and I both got jabbed on our right arms (coz we're lefties) and I wisely kept my distance from Mom.
You see, experience has taught me that my Mom gets violent when she's amused.
Having me AND my brother almost always amuses her coz we're both such a barrel of laughs.

Right.
Anyway, I wisely kept my right arm out of Mom's reach, my brother wisely didn't.

Brother: Yea so S's friend is half Australian and Half African.
Mom: Ohh ok!

5 minutes later

Mom: So S's friend is Aboriginese right?
Brother: -Incredulous look- Mom. Seriously? I just told you 5 minutes back he's half Aussie and half African..
Mom: Oh!! Hahahaa! -thumps brother on right shoulder-
Brother: -Incredulous look- MOM!! SERIOUSLY?!?!!?
Mom: Oh!!! You had your jab there! Hahahaha!

As she was chuckling away she came towards me, raised her arm to thump me and I just went "Ohh don't even think about it."


I sometimes seriously wonder if my Mom is a blonde. (Sorry to all the blonde's reading this.)

She once called over a bunch of her friends and their husbands.
Aunty N's husband, Uncle P started one of those deep, serious political talks.
Everyone was listening rapt..well almost everyone.

I glanced over at Mom and Aunty N, and saw their eyes glazing over.
5 minutes into it, Mom suddenly chirps:
"N..What time are you waking up tomorrow??"
"I think around 6.30am I think!"

Uncle P looked like he was gonna pop a vein-
"SERIOUSLY?! I'm having a deep conversation here..how can you interrupt like that??"

I thought I was gonna pop a vein trying not to laugh at all their expressions!
Mom just laughed and thumped Aunty N.

***

On a completely different note- I always wondered if it just my bad luck that stinky people ALWAYS end up sitting next to me on the bus, but yesterday..I was convinced luck had nothing to do with it.

It's a friggin' conspiracy I tell you.
I swear. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who sat next to me stank like they had shat themselves+not taken a bath in days.

What?
Is it me?
Do I wear a sign saying : Stinky People, Please come Sit with Me
Am I overly sensitive to smell?
Is it a case of 'birds of a stinky feather, flock together?'
-Mahi sniffs herslef-
No. It's NOT me.


What gives?
I don't get it.

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

Bah!
stinky people need a bar of SOAP!
Besides, deo mixed with stink will probably result in other, altogether more odious fumes...EUGH!

I mean, soap and water aint that expensive innit?

Cant these people smell themselves? Or maybe their sense of smell has died, owing to ummm....questionable odors.

Bleh. I think I've earned a drink.

How about a martini Mahi?

:D

3:12 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

megha - a martini would be great! a lychee one, my chalu sistah?
b.o needs to be made illegal i tell you. you won't belieeeve the number of times i've been THIS close to passing out!!
i need a drink.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Alternate Vision did the happy dance and finally said..

you called your mom a blonde...haha..
oh and trust me for whatever its worth, you want the flu vaccine.

11:16 PM  
Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

Oi!
Me likey this template!
Me likey veryveryvery much!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

Ooooh! I love me the new digs! Soooo pretty!

Mahi is a funny lady! Bohemians can always use a good laugh!

If ever you come over, beware my cats! They are quite the stinky couple and friendly too! Explosive!

4:19 AM  
Blogger 4wD did the happy dance and finally said..

A flu vaccine?? I swear I have NEVER heard of it... and surya swamy (who name sounds like he could be my dad's friend from Regional Engineering College, Tumkur) says you don't want to be missing it.

Have not been reaeding the news and Lancet lately? Or is it just about the countries we're in? WHat flu is this?

6:12 AM  
Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

1. The new template. The words get lost in the flower (or whatever that design is). Please change it. Keep your background clean, or if you like pictures, make sure your font dont blend with em.

2. Or... Perhaps its just me. Age is catching up and I need to get my eyes checked.

3. Stop making fun of your Mom. I think she rocks!

4. Carry a deo with you...

5. Learn to hold your breath.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

surya - trust me with the stuff she says/does, it really does make you wonder if she's completely blonde under all that black hair.

demi - lol lets drink to that!

megha - me too! =D its so 'mahi-y' hehe

yummymummy - thank u m'lady! yikes your cats are stinky AND friendly?! now theres a combo you dont want! hahaha

4wd - ohh the vaccines there alright but like i said, it doesnt guarantee anything coz the virus is always adapting and mutating.
umm..what flu? the influenza virus?
india has the vaccine too..just ask ure doc..i think they just dont advertise it much..

apoo - this isnt the final one..the colours are mostly that of the old template which is why theyre hard to read for now..i still have to change them, i know how annoying it can be to squint.
no i wont learn to hold my breath! bloody hell,why cant people learn proper hygiene? i dont need the deo, they do! im not the one who stinks dammit!

11:25 AM  
Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

I need a drink. Badly. You know why:D

Tequila! Whither art thou?

hee...hee

4:03 PM  
Blogger surbhi seth did the happy dance and finally said..

Hey! Firstly, I love the new look on your blog!
Secondly, with regard to smelly people... dude! It's called DEODERANT... especially meant for people coming from tropical/hot countries... where the sun shines generously, thus causing people to sweat profusly... need to send a letter to the minister of health on promoting the use of Deos.. just like that of the flu shot!
Oh yeah... the flu shot! aww.. poor thing... I feel you on the needles!!!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

megha - hehe i feel u babe!

surbhi - i honestly dont get it..dont they know that they stink? =S i think i need to send a letter to the government to make b.o illegal!

and i CANNOT believe i got spammed.
BUT..BUT...I HAD WORD VERIFICATION!
=D

6:52 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

whoops forgot- thanks babe =D i still gotta tweak the template a bit though..maybe put a trademark thingie on it :S ive seen 2 other blogs that stole my previous background!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

this year was the first year I didn't get a flu shot and shockingly, I didn't get sick all winter! wtf?

I always find the stinky people...in the waiting rooms at the gynecologist's office! I feel so bad for my gyno...how the hell does she deal with stinky vaginas all day?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dawn - my aunt was telling me too that whenever she gets the shot she falls ill twice as often!
awww poor gyno! i think sometimes its got to be the nastiest job in the world!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Arjun did the happy dance and finally said..

:lol:
Read your post and just realised how much I miss you guys.
Your blog seems to have had a makeover. Looks funky. ;)

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Hey I second Apoo.... stop making fun of your mom...esp when Apoo be around to mock :)

Template is a lil irking. I could just fling something at the screen straining to read.

Stinkie people are frigging sadists gone over the top... do you think they can ignore the stink and not know what is happening to ppl when they pass by??? I recently travelled to work in a bus that stank of coconut oil... Did they all not know what agony they inflicted on me??? I think not!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

couchie! we missed u too mate! get posting, pronto!

garfy - =( i just realised my template is a bit off on some PC's and laptop. sigh. back to the old drawing board! hehe

meghz - (i realised i have 2 meghana's commenting! ok so you're gonna be 'meghz' like i've always called u =D ) ive never had a flu shot either but mom didnt wanna take a chance..coz loads of people are coming down with the flu now (plus its exam period!)
stinky people..sigh. theyre the only people i really hate talking to, no matter how nice they may be!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

I got the flu jab before I came to London. What a waste of money.

Mahi darlin' don't take this the wrong way but your new template makes my eyes go funny.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

jay its fixed its fixed!

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google