23 February, 2006

Desperate House-...daughter?

What a week it's been!

You know, I did a very dry post before this one, read it through and thought to myself "Shit. Even I wouldn't want to read that voluntarily."
So out the window it went!

What's been happening, eh?

Well for starters Mom's in India right now.
You wouldn't believe me if I told you why.
(Once again, the following can only happen with THIS family.)
My mum's friend is going back to India for good. This friend has 2 dogs (both stinky, whiny and totally without bladder control) and 1 cat (far too aloof for my liking).
Now this friend and her husband want to take the animals with them in the cabin.
But here's the catch. The plane only allows one animal per person. So guess who got a free seat to India??

Lucky MOM!

Sheesh. Some people have all the luck. A daughter like me...a free ride to India...bah!


So I'm left to play house with three males who have issues.
My brother has the sniffles. So my dad was like "Let's make him that home remedy that your Mom makes."
I was like "Cool let's do it!"
And we both just stood there...
"Er..how do you make it?"
"No idea, Dad."
"Ok, let's try putting a bit of this...aaand a bit of that.."
My poor brother actually has to drink that.

My dad's become the house-husband version of a backseat driver. I don't have to elaborate. You get the idea.

Kelso has had yet another haircut. I don't know what we're feeding him, but his hair grows SUPER fast! We need to shave his hair off every 2 months!













Before..............................and .............................................After

I could be wrong, but he looks mighty unhappy about the haircut. I had him sitting and just balefully staring at me for 20 minutes before I noticed he was being far too quiet. Of course I had to go cheer him up by telling him he looked gorgeous and I still loved him and he was the cutest doggie in the world.
Men!


Oh I've also had hols for a week. These hols are deviously named "One Week Break" when in fact they're meant for you to CATCH UP on your readings..which obviously means no ones done didley.
All I'm close to finishing is Season 7 of Voyager.
Speaking of Voyager, I think I might be watching too much of it. I actually had a dream I was being assimilated =S And what did I do?
"Uh uh. You are NOT assimilating me." -Ghetto headshake and finger wag-
Stop laughing (and stop thinking I'm nuts).


You know I was chatting with a friend recently and he casually mentioned I'm a lot like Monica from Friends.
I pride myself on being more of a Phoebe, so naturally, I had strong objections.
And then I remembered something..

Remember the house guests? The ones that could have potentially ruined my birthday?
Well, when they had come, they all used the bathroom.
[Slight Digression- I am EXTREMELY particular about bathrooms. Chances are my room, my desk, my cupboard will be a royal mess but my bathrooms will be spotless and sparkling. You know how they say "Judge a man by the shoes he wears"? Screw that. Judge him by the condition his bathroom is in. You won't go wrong.]

So when I needed to use it, I entered and I was stunned. Not in a good way. Stunned in a bad way. Very bad way.

A Great Scene of Devastation met my eyes. It was....horrendous.
There was muck everywhere. There were dirty footprints. Oh god..I can't go on.
Then something snapped in me. I shut the door quietly.
I came out 10 minutes later. My mom came up to me "Where were you?? What were you doing??"
I just pointed to inside the bathroom.
It was clean.
It was beautiful once again.
There was equilibrium.

OH GOD.
I am SO Monica.


One last thing that's been on my mind.
How much do you guys trust your instincts?
How is it that we immediately trust Person A so implicitly and not Person B (considering context, circumstance etc etc was the same)?
Usually I know immediately if I'll become fast friends with them or make annoying small talk and then wait for one of us to f.o. (In this case I'm usually the first one to buzz off coz some people just don't have a bloody clue and still persist with the agonizing small talk..it KILLS me!)
What goes on in our unconscious when it comes to making snap judgements or judgements guided by our 'instinct'?


Just some food for thought..


Enjoy the weekend.......and keep that bathroom clean.

I'm watching you.

Labels: , ,

25 Comments:

Blogger FRZ did the happy dance and finally said..

if u find out what Kelso's been eating..let me know

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi, my sister will love you!!...she is just as particular abt the bathrooms in the house...cant really blame her(or u for that matter) cos it kinda runs in the family, not that I help out much by cleaning the bathroom....but i do make sure that i dont make a mess!!

Now that assimilated dream...u need to cut down on ST:V as much as i need to cut down on coffee, babes, I dont think u r crazy(well, not much anyway) but trust me, cut down!!!

PS: btw, Kelso is cute....bald....but cute

11:18 PM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher did the happy dance and finally said..

Very cute is kelso. but isnt that like too closely cropped?

1:30 AM  
Blogger SoNyA did the happy dance and finally said..

POOR KELSO... (and yes this is from me)

1:59 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

yeah, you DEFINITELY sound like Monica....lol!

Kelso does look pissed! he's cute either way, but I really do like the Before pic better. Fluffy is good!

2:16 AM  
Blogger Alternate Vision did the happy dance and finally said..

my sympathies to kelso

9:14 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

faz - :P its organic dog food...it smells yucky..i really doubt ud wanna try it (for no matter what reason)

rajesh - no!!!! cut down on star trek!? NEVER!

dreamcatcher - hehe yea it is but what to do...its getting very hot here and i think the poor guy would have suffered had the hair been on!

sonya - :O the dog hater turns into a dog sympathizer!

dawn - i SO do not sound like monica :P fluffy is cute but sooo impractical in this weather..but yea..the poor guy is definitely feeling a bit..embarassed?

demi - HAHA! yup! totally bare and spotless :P

surya - bah!!! its practicaly i tell u PRACTICAL!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Oh that poor dog! lol. You know he's just thinking "I'm so going to get my ass kicked at the dog park. I look like a dork. Watch your favorite shoes." He's just so cute! We have a mascot at work, a coworker's pomeranian and she's always shaved and looks like a puppy instead of a 14 year old.

I am sooo not Monica. I'm kind of an early Rachel myself: you know, a bit of a disaster.

You're watching me? (gets up, shuts the door to her bathroom)

Sigh the only free trips I get are up and down the elevator in my condo.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

jenna - LOLLLL ure comments always crack me up woman! i swear he's sooo depressed right now...its so pathetic!
ure like rachel?? uve had a nose job too ??
aww..join the club honey..aint no such thing as a free trip (unless you're my mom)

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi whats wrong with you woman!!
haha im in TEARS of laughter looking at kelsos pic. First you take his NUTS away, then you shave him like this EVERY 2 months!! of course he's gonna be picked on in doggy park. and with a haircut like that i doubt he aint gettin doggy-styled either.

i know tesco is a blonde dog and woulnt have a clue whats happening. but cmon, this is just cruel. its like going to work in nothing but your socks.

...HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF SOMEONE WAS TO SHAVE YOUR HEAD??!
im gonna make and send u a pic!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

Argh! WTF did you do to your dog?! If I were Kelso I'd pee in your shoes!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Sangeeta did the happy dance and finally said..

hahahahhaha poor kelso!!!! he really looks irritated in that 'after' pic, compared to the happy look in the 'before' pic. Has he seen himself in the mirror?

5:38 PM  
Blogger White Magpie did the happy dance and finally said..

The way people express themselves voluntarily or involuntarily. That shift of the eye. Our instinct is our true armor as it can sense what is not visible to the other 5 senses. It automaticlly rolls the other person down in our individual matrix of likes and dislikes, loves and hates et al. That is the reason we may like someone whom we havent even spoken to but just seen crossing the street for an instant. The fall of his/her hair. The smile. The "relating" for no reason. That is the reason we dont like certain individuals even though they do a lot of good "stuff" for us. Maybe the phrase "First impression is the last impression" was coined from the way our instinct forms an impression. Now whether we trust our instinct or not is another point. But the instinct is never wrong. Has yours been ever?

Ye like Gustav? Hmm..We have a thinker in you along with worrier and panic merchant? :) All at 22? Attagurl!

8:18 PM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

i hate wet bathrooms.. i will NOT go in if its wet.


i dunno mahi.. people change.. and thats why i get so scared to get close to anyone.. i mean either theyre all interested to be friends and suddenly one day they turn cold.. and you suddenly hang loose...

what happens then>?..


plus.. when you DO make great friends... i friggin ALWAYS have to end up moving... AGAIN!

sometimes i just hate life. and wasting emotions.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dev - kelso doesnt get picked on at the doggie park!!! his mummy is there to rescue him from the bullies!
going to work in just ure socks eh? tell me dev is that same as going to work with ripped pants and red silk boxers underneath?:P
(*evil chuckle*)

jay - :O how could u say that?? i did it out of good intentions! et tu jay?

metria - hahaha he looks constantly disgruntled now! yup hes seen himself..but he just quickly looked away...perhaps it was too much for him to take?

magpie - very nicely put..couldnt have said it better myself! ahh gustav...exactly which gustav are we talking about :S yep u got it right...worrier, thinker (;) ) and a panic merchant..im like the female version of adrian monk! (very funny show- 'Monk')

grafx - argh i know what u mean..all my closest and best friends have moved..it sucks!
but u know what thats life..we need to keep taking leap of faiths coz if we dont, then theres nothing else to do!
i hate wasting emotions too..its such a waste of energy but whattodo? we cant really choose to chanel our emotions in any particular direction!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Himavan did the happy dance and finally said..

I am gonna clean my bathroom too as I am planning to invite a girl over. Hope she likes it, if ever she gonna need to use...=) But in any case will be disciplined now on wards in this issue, as now I know girls hate unclean bathrooms..lol..=)

I believe most things start with instincts. And I also believe these instincts won't come over night....=)

6:22 AM  
Blogger SonnyBoy did the happy dance and finally said..

Havent been partyin lately o leggy one?? :-DD

11:12 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

contended - welcome to my blog!
well yea..i believe instincts can be honed but then again that would defeat the purpose of it being an 'instinct' right?
haha i dont know! im just as clueless
do visit again!

sonnyboy - no dahlink im too busy playing house! who am i kidding... i have NO LIFE!!!!:'(

10:50 AM  
Blogger The Box did the happy dance and finally said..

I see the title, and I'm thinking Oh. My. God.
Quite possibly on the menu:

- Debauchery with various semi-hot neighbours
- Arson
- Sexual mishaps with hamsters
- Cooking which leads to all of the above in various combinations

NOTHING of the sort.

Tou should totally be in advertising you nice-catchy-title-to-switch-and-bait-your-blogging-fans person you!


p.s. That thing about bathrooms? Totally true - even for girls. I mean hair on the wet floor? EW!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

box - ;) gimme a couple of years to achieve all the stuff uve listed there :P

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ashish Shakya did the happy dance and finally said..

A girl once told me I reminded her of Chandler.Maybe it was my stupid jokes and amazing ability to 'not get any' that brought on the inference.Or maybe it was because she fancied herself as a Monica.And now I come across another Monica?? Hmmm...interesting ;-)

9:58 PM  
Blogger Himavan did the happy dance and finally said..

Thanks...=) I just mean to say the natural instincts of human can be modified by individual life experiences. May be you can find more abt it at http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08050b.htm

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

i seem to remember that the only good thing abt voyager was the last episode (apart of 7 of 9 that is :) ).. where the finally got to KSA

1:40 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

phoeinx - interesting indeedy!:P
("Could it BE more interesting??" *Chandler Bing style* )

contended - thanks for the link! will check it out =)

renegadefade - :O DID U JUST DISS VOYAGER!?!?
sure 7 of 9 added on to voyager but it was still a good series!
agree with me!
resistance in futile.

4:45 PM  
Blogger surbhi seth did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi...don't u think the groomers cut Kelso's natural and beautiful long, perfect-for-shampoo-commercials, shinny hair..a tad bit more than they shud have?! I mean..look at him.... gotta side with the guy... he can't be out on walks seen like this by the ladies!!!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google