18 February, 2006

My BIRTHDAY post =D

HELLOOOOO!!!!!

=D I'm 22!
I feel old!
Ok, not not really, I merely exaggerate, you know me =)

Gosh, I don't quite know where to begin...

For all my dear lovely blog buddies...thank you so so much for the best wishes..This sounds cheesey but I really feel loved...thank you!


OK, ok let me tell you how my day(s) went-

16th Feb- I got terribly depressed. This is just something that tends to happen a few days short of my birthday, I don't really know why..But this time around it was worse.
My moms relatives had come to Singapore from India. One of them being a 75 year old lady (uh-oh moment no.1). A 75 year old lady who can't walk properly (uh-oh moment no.2). A 75 year old lady, who, upon landing, promptly proceeded to fall and fracture her shoulder (dum dum DUMMMM)
So guess where they stayed? For the 3 days.
Go on, guess!

Thaaaaaat's right.

So needless to say, the mood around the house was pretty bleak. Mom was slightly ill too, so there were no gastronomically exciting preparations either. (Mahi must have her favourite food prepared on her birthday, but she is not a selfish brat, ok??)

So dad came home after work and saw my depressed face.

"Come. Sit here. What's wrong."
"Nothing.." -deep, depressed sigh-
-Nods in an 'Ahh I see' manner - "This is about your birthday?"
"Yeeea...Maaaaybe"
"What do you want."
-small voice- "Chocolate cake"
"Ok, what sort?"
-small voice-"Chocolate Mousse Cake"
"Ok done."
"How come you're being so agreeable??"
"It's gonna be your birthday, so I'll be nice to you for one day =) "

He then told my Mom "P, I'm getting her a chocolate mousse cake tomorrow if you already haven't planned anything."
My mom started smiling all secretively and that's when I knew..I knew.
I was gonna get me some choc mousse cake the next day =D.


17th Feb- At midnight a whole bunch of phone calls started coming in. I felt like a telephone operator!
"Happy Birthday Mahi!!!"
"Thank you, please hold!"
"Happy Birthday Mahi!!"
"Thank you, please hold!"

I had classes the following morning from 8 am to 5 pm..to me this was THE crappiest way to start off a birthday..I'm not exactly what you'd call a 'morning person'. To me waking up at 6 am is just inhumane. It's wrong.
But uni went well!

I'd like to share something with all of you. It was ...unreal.
To cut a long story short, there were quite a few things that could've gone awry but surprisingly, everything went smooth and well...it was like Lady Luck was smiling down on me.
I was in the cab on my way home, and in my mind I said "Thank you God, for making everything go well..Thank you for today.."
And the most amazing thing happened.
A small portion of the dark, rain-filled skies parted at that very moment and the sun shone down strongly on the side of the cab that I was sitting at.
I dont know how to describe it..I felt so blessed ..
I hope everyone experiences something like that at least once in their lives...It's indescribable.

Well, anyway I got home, has some mousse cake (=D)..
Dad was sweet, he got me Malcolm Gladwell's "Blink". It's a book I've had my eye on but never really told him!
Mom gave me some money, my bro gave me a hug (bloody cheapskate!!!), Kelso gave me a lick on my cheek and amongst the many gifts from my friends I got some um..unmentionables!

The nicest surprises were these-
- A phone call from a fellow Blogger whom I feel I've known for ages
- A beautiful beautiful bouquet of Gerberas from another fellow Blogger (if I told you who it was, you'd say "Get outta here!!!!")
- My aussie friend Sheetal stopping over at Singapore just so she could meet me on my birthday!.
- A wonderful email from another blogger (whom I hope will become a regular commentor here) - Phone calls from everywhere!

Since the elder ladies were at my house and since it was my birthday, I touched their feet for blessings and they all started muttering feverishy "May you get a good husband."
I mumbled to myself "Yea I'd better or I'll be one hell of a pissed off girl."
The old lady started telling my mom "I have a grandson...very handsome..he looks like white man!" My mom just gave her a look. I could have sworn she rolled her eyes, it was hilarious!

I then went out with my girls for desert (I say screw that dieting) and drinks (empty calories shmalories) and danced on cheesey 80's music!
It wasn't anything hardcore but it was very very pleasant and comfortable and I went to bed a happy girl..



Whoever said it only goes downhill from here, was wrong. Or didn't have the privilege of having friends like mine.


Thank you all!
Hugs!

Labels:

34 Comments:

Blogger Once the Conman did the happy dance and finally said..

Happy birthday hottie!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Well, I hope every day is as pleasent as yrstday was for you!

N ur husband betta be good...or god betta bless his soul!...

hopefully my next bday on the 7th of Nov will be half as fun urs was...


N yes, that was shamless hint!

4:21 PM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

Hi Mahi,
at long last i make my presence felt here :) Well, to tell you the truth, that wasn't a bad bday really... you could've cake, went out with your friends.. and you got a blessing from Mr God directly!!

Not to whine, but if this makes you feel better, its been nearly four years since i've had my parents with me on my bday... and one way or the other .. they're awful... (bdays..not parents :D)and cake?? haven't seen the face of cake for years now!!! and i remember attending college on my bday for four continuous years too.. it sucks i know... but girl.. you're still cheerful and happy for all that. Keep smiling!!

6:30 PM  
Blogger SoNyA did the happy dance and finally said..

hey babe... glad u had a great bday.. u really deserve it *hug*

8:27 PM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher did the happy dance and finally said..

Happy Birthday. Ive been reading your blog for ages but I guess today is the best day to comment and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)
nice to know the day went well , having classes on days like these can be a huge dampener.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Ashish Shakya did the happy dance and finally said..

22 years of going around the sun...nice to know it was fun.
Hmm..that rhymed.
I liked the part about the sun shining through the rain clouds - I've had a similar experience once(in Goa) - you could call it a blessing too,for me the moment was epiphanic. When nature just seems to be moving in accordance with your thoughts,you do feel like the centre of the universe,don't you?

Or maybe you always feel like that :-D

Oh and I know this is belated but hey..Happy Birthday!!!

11:17 PM  
Blogger IdeaSmith did the happy dance and finally said..

Tag!!

That's my burr-day gift to you *evil smirk*

12:02 AM  
Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

Stop taking the cab home! Take the bus!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

i remember when i was 22...barely!!

lol, when you're 3 weeks away from turning 30 you'd give you left tit to go back to 22!! lol

happy birthday!!

3:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Happy Birthday, Mahi!!

22? I can't remember 31 let alone 22. Sigh. Glad you had a fantabulous day! And chocolate mousse cake? I want that for my birthday cake.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Makdt did the happy dance and finally said..

hmmm Happy Birthday.....

11:02 AM  
Blogger Menagerie did the happy dance and finally said..

Hey Happy Bday, here's wishing the fun and blessings carry on! :)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

conman - thank you hottie!

anonymous - thank u for the birthday wishes, but how can i wish you if i dont know who u are??

dewdropdream - finally! u commented! aww why were ure birthdays so cake-less?? do u live at a boarding school? thank u for the mail! =D

sonya - thanks sweetie! -hugs-

dreamcatcher - hey comment more often! thank u for the best wishes =)

phoenix - loll i dont ALWAYS feel like im at the centre of the universe, i do have my sane, modest moments (like today :P) thank u sir!

ideasmithy u CHEATER! ure not allowed to sneak in a tag on my birthday! hehe anywayz ive already done a post thats a bit like the tag so that counts (no?) :P

apoo - shutup! count your lucky stars that youre not here, i'd have made u give me a ride to uni and back EVERYDAY!

dawn - 3 weeks left! you were joking about the left tit thing (RIGHT?!)thank you babe! what are u getting for your birthday??

thank u jenna baby!! heres a tip- look sad and mopey around friends and family, and drop very UN-subtle hints about wanting choc mousse cake (my cake was AWESOME btw). works like a CHARM :D

mayank- hmmmm thanks :P

menagerie - thank u dahlink! -hugs-

11:51 AM  
Blogger aditi did the happy dance and finally said..

heyy.. belated happy birthday!!! :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

oh don't ask about cakes!!! guess nobody sees the kid in me asking for cake in a sweet voice :( i'm not in boarding school... but i do live away from home... sigh

2:54 PM  
Blogger savante did the happy dance and finally said..

Don't even say you're old - coz that would make me fucking ancient :)

Paul

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi - My mistake, I think i didnt click on "other" when i posted my comment, Im "anonymous"...sorry!...so u've got 9 whole months! start preparing! ;)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Mint Chutney did the happy dance and finally said..

Happy Birthday Mahi!!

22? Why, you're old enough to be my...um... blog friend.

Please pass on the name of bloggers who call and send flowers as my birthday is coming up. : )

11:25 PM  
Blogger surbhi seth did the happy dance and finally said..

I'm so happy for you Mahi...no seriously, I am. From your blogs, I can defintely say you've been blessed with a lovely family, a great bunch of friends and most importanly, an entertaining sense of humor!=D

12:11 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

aditi - thank u!

dewdrop - u know what id do??id buy myself an awesome chocolate cake =D

savante - i saw your profile...ure 29! dude...thats ANCIENT! :p

rajesh - :P ok sir!

minty - thank u dahlink! haha ill pass u their names, theyre luverly!

surbhi - thank u babes -hug- (now quick touch wood!)

11:17 AM  
Blogger White Magpie did the happy dance and finally said..

Bel Hap Bir woman!! The number 4 seems to be playing with you this time..17 Feb, 22 years young :d hmm!!

Glad yer day rocked..Welcome to early thirties :p

2:22 PM  
Blogger Heidi did the happy dance and finally said..

well dis being ny first comment down here.. happy belated birthday... i'd say awesome fun posts.. this one jst rings a bell with every young gal iam sure :P

3:26 PM  
Blogger KJ did the happy dance and finally said..

belated happy birthday....

God bless U

:-))

KJ

8:27 PM  
Blogger AJ did the happy dance and finally said..

happy belated birthday! save some chocolate mousse cake for me!!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown did the happy dance and finally said..

*small voice* I wished too... =(

10:14 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar did the happy dance and finally said..

Happy birthday .... stay blessed

11:07 AM  
Blogger Alap Ghosh did the happy dance and finally said..

Happity Birdie :) ...

5:16 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

magpie - i didnt get the number 4 thing! oye..stop making me feel older than i already do :P

welcome nutkhat! hope to see u around more often =)

thank u kj!

aj..too late =D *burp*

jups - aww of course u did! thank u! -hug-

rohan - thank u very much =) hope god heard u!

infected - thankity youie =D

5:40 PM  
Blogger Nayan did the happy dance and finally said..

{Yaaawwn!} Next please..

5:51 PM  
Blogger White Magpie did the happy dance and finally said..

17 Feb - 1+7=8 (multiple of 4)
22=2+2 which is ???

Ach!!!

the number phore is foreboding..;) or so they say...

9:46 PM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

am SOOOOO GLAD you had fun Mahi !! HUGS

you ARE blessed!

take care girl and happy bday again too!

9:52 PM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi!!! post something girl!!! and i hope it includes something on graphology, your handwriting.... and your thoughts on parenting :D

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Hi…I’m Roy, just start the journey in the blog-world. New..... so learning the tricks by peeping in others blog without any prior permission (sorry for that!!).

so welcome to the double two(though I croosed it long ago..)

Heii, why not take a look to my blog: (http://comeonroy.blogspot.com/) & tell me where I need to improve. Most important, maybe you can also get something new & interesting stuff…..maybe!!
Hoping to hear you..
Roy

2:45 PM  
Blogger Janaki did the happy dance and finally said..

hey hafta say this... am on the 17th of feb.. as well. :) and believe me.. considering the end i am at.. 22 is not such bad age to be :)
have a nice year.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google