10 August, 2006

We are Fa-muh-ly!

I woke up this morning and realised something.
My Mom is sneaky. She's a smart one, that woman.

It would seem that she has realised that banging my door open, noisily switching off the air-conditioner and yanking open the curtains doesn't work as well as it used to, when it comes to waking me up.
So she's resorted to the most (supposedly) foolproof of tactics- Kelso.

She dumps him on my tiny single bed, he makes himself comfortable by my side (the mutt actually PUSHES me to make space for his Royal-hairy ass-Highness) and then licks me all over my face.
Of course one look from those chocolate eyes and all my murderous intentions evaporate.

Touché Mother. You may have won the battle, but you haven't won the war.
(Is that used the other way around?)


Anyway I digress!
The other day, my brother came home the other day grinning from ear to ear.
Of course my mother immediately got suspicious.

" Huh-huh-huh-huh (that's how my brother laughs) A bunch of guys from my class made a copy of the key for Pool Table Room in my college. The college locked up the room coz the exams are nearing; anyway we’ve been using the room everyday to play pool during our free periods.
Suddenly, today we got ambushed by the Vice Principal, the Discipline Master and the admin staff!
(He went into great detail about the formation of the ambush team- V.P peered into the window and went ‘Ah-ha!’, D.M opened the door with great flourish, and the admin staff hung around trying to act important).
The V.P asked if they made more copies of the key. All of us shook our heads but every. single. guy had one key in his pocket. Huh-huh-huh-huh.
Then, Mr X, the D.M, took down our names and said to me ‘You, young man, are in a lot of trouble! Your name is going into my Pink Book.’
So I said ‘Wow. Your Pink Book huh?’
(My brother is the Prince of straight-faced jibes.)
Mr X said ‘Yes! And if you commit any further offences your name will go into my Black Cupboard.’
I said ‘Wah! The Black Cupboard!...hey Mr X..I have One Question.’
He thought I was gonna ask him if I could be let off or something, so he smiled and said ‘Yes?’

I said ‘Your Black Cupboard...does it have a key?’

Huh-huh-huh-huh.”


I swear my mom, my bro and I literally roared with laughter at that, of course Mom followed that up by a not-too-convincing lecture on how he shouldn’t do such things. Dad couldn’t stop chuckling when we told him about it later in the evening…phew!

The next day, the phone rang, my mom picked it up and asked who it was.
Turns out it was Mr X, calling to screw over my brother enquire if my mother knew her son had taken part in a conspiracy that could have ‘potentially compromised school security?’
(At this my mom mouthed to me ‘What an Ass.’)
“Yes Mr X, my son briefed me about the incident and let me tell you that I deeply apologize and regret what has happened, if I need to reimburse the school for the lock, do let me know, yes?”
“Yes Mrs R, I…”
*Giggle* You have a nice day now, Mr X! Take care and thank you for calling! *giggle* Goodbye!”
Hehehe thank you Mrs R, you take care too!”
-click-

Woah.
Feminine wiles or WHAT!
She managed to flirt, make a point about how stupid he was AND end the discussion in 2 minutes flat! She didn’t even give that dude a chance to get a word in sideways.
My mom rocks!

Oh also, I made these AWESOME Banana-coconut-walnut-chocolate chip-muffins . Trust me when I say I wish all of you were here to smell them baking.
Now I hate tooting my own horn (oh yea right.) but they tasted DIVINE!


Okay okay so it's not the best of pictures (stupid Panasonic camera phone), but they were yummmmy.

And on that mouth-watering note, I'd like to wish Jups a very very VERY Happy Birthday!
I'll have a muffin on you're behalf dahhlink (and anyone else's behalf....and NO FAT JOKES. The blog is a strictly anti-weight-issues-blog.)
=D

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

:D isnt cooking YUMFUN!!!

ah my gad the muffins look great!..im off to get going with my cooking training again!!

oh and my parents enjoy waking me up....just coz they KNOW i hate it so much when they do!!lol

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Ahhh...now i see were you get your characteristics from!!!...

Speaking of baking(the muffins are looking yum yum btw) I do vaguely remember a b'day cake being promised...well, you knw whn is my b'day...i'l be waiting!

N happy b'day to jups as well...

12:45 AM  
Blogger Menagerie did the happy dance and finally said..

They do look yummy, and you made them...WOW! I think the only baking I have ever done was a sad excuse for a cake with terrible icing.

And your Mom rocks, so does your bro! How cheeky :)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

A Pink Book?

Is it a cheap litte notebook with 555 on the cover, or something with shiny sequins and padded hearts?

12:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown did the happy dance and finally said..

Yayy for me! I get a shoutout..

:)thanks sistah! and is it just me or are moms taking over the world?

and p.s. my comment on ur last post didnt get published..so ill say..i loved that "get gotten" line very much!

1:21 PM  
Blogger chitgo did the happy dance and finally said..

hahahaha, hilarious. the black cupboard reminds me of something out of a roald dahl book (was it matilda?)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

grafx - cooking is SO YUMFUN! :D. ugh these parents...i swear they take such joy in torturing us..:'( don't they love us!?

rajesh - lol why does everyone say that?? woah woah i didnt promise no cake! :S

menagerie - thank u m'lady! :D *takes a bow*
my family members are clowns..they're a laugh a minute!

jay - i think its the cheap 65 cents notebook, yes with the 555 on it hahaha! shiny sequins and padded hearts? woah where do u get ure notebooks from? that sounds just precious!

jups - oh they are SO taking over the world...and they're getting way cooler! eh? nono i think it got published...i remember replying to it?

chitgo - hmm matilda..i dont remember to be honest, but yes..it sounds absurd enough to be in a roald dahl book :D

4:16 PM  
Blogger Alternate Vision did the happy dance and finally said..

pink book and the black cupboard? hillarious..

i want a muffin too

12:52 AM  
Blogger Raindrop did the happy dance and finally said..

Mothers will stop at nothing. They understand perfectly well that dogs get away with murder just because they're so goddamn adorable.

My dog took it upon herself to wake me up bright and early. She'd run really fast like a mad thing, as though she was intent on maximizing her momentum, and then leap up on my bed. On top of me. And I was a skinny eleven year old at the time.

Of course, she'd wait until my mom was in the shower because she wasn't allowed on the bed. But it's possible that my mom trained her to do that. I wouldn't put it past my mom at all.

11:43 PM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi... Mom stories and cooking aside, i love the way you can narrate something and make it sound so hilarious!! not all people who write have that yknow...

and btw, am learning to cook too since am off to London next month for a two year post grad stint:)But am only making Indian food.. chhole, puris, modaks, rice dishes :D they turn out well if i say so myself :D

3:09 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

surya - i know..these discipline masters think they're soo cool with their...multicoloured stuff. ha.
get ure butt to singapore and i'll bake u some! promise!

raindrop - mothers all around the world are so sneaky, no? its kinda cool...but kinda scary too!

dewdrop - :D thank u dahlink, but its not all me- my family really IS very funny! u know funnily enough ive never tried my hand at indian cooking (other than my perfectly round light chapathis :D)

7:15 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

I am laughing my ass off! But I am afraid that it is mostly at your brother's laugh and your reproducing it here in this fabulous blog of yours dear Ladee!

Huh-huh-huh-huh!

CLASSIC! HARD CORE!

And your mom does rock and those muffins? Swoonalicious!

12:50 AM  
Blogger jhantu did the happy dance and finally said..

werent muffins once upon a time called tarts?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

miz b - hahaha he really does laugh like that! i so need to record it one day and post it up
hehe thank u!

jhantu - LOL. of course you'd be an expert on those :P

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

phunny!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

the pink book!? oooh, sounds intimidating! is Barbie brand? ;D

12:09 AM  
Blogger Dhiman Lahiri did the happy dance and finally said..

I was looking around Blogspot and came onto your profile. Well, i guess its private but i liked the way you write .Very open and expressive.

Smiles
Dhiman

2:06 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

Hey Ladee! Why is it so quiet here? Where are you? Has summertime bliss taken you away from us! Methinks 'tis time for updates! UPDATES I SAY!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Raindrop did the happy dance and finally said..

linked ya:)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

abhi - :P

dawn - i know..doesn't it make you just quake in your boots!?

dhiman - thank you very much :) hope you continue visiting!

mizb- updates are on their way! :D

rain drop - i know this is gonna sound really lame but its the honest -to-god truth...ive been meaning to link you but i keep forgetting (i tried blogroll once but everything messed up..so no more blogroll for me)
thank u for the reminder :D

10:20 AM  
Blogger Varsha did the happy dance and finally said..

cool lady your mom..heh heh

nice looking muffins......

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google