25 May, 2006

"L"

L is for Love
That curious thing that seems to be everywhere and yet, elusively, nowhere at the same time.
Love, love, love- makes the world go round,
Love, love, love - we all fall down.
How long does it take for you to get tired of hanging on, and how long does it take for you to realise that letting go isn't even an option?
I think I've loved a lot of people, people who've been there for me, people who annoy me slightly, people who make me laugh and people who make me cry..I've loved them all.
But I doubt I've been in love before (my logic is- if I had been in love, I wouldn't have any doubts..yes?) so I don't know what it is but I do know what it's not. It's not being relieved that you have a chauffeur by default, it's not having arm candy to show off and it's not playing mind games.
Mostly, I think, it's a leap of faith, most of the time, and faith don't come easy these days.


L is Livid
As in 'Livid with Rage'. Not a state I'm often in, but when I'm in it then God save you. I won't scream or throw things but I'll make you wish I had.
I'll say the most hurtful things and I won't regret a word of it..
I remember being in this state all of 2 times in my life.


L is for Life
Now I'm vegetarian by choice and I'm not the sort to force people into turning vegetarian but here's why I did- when I was about 8-9 years old, I saw a goat being slaughtered and I just stopped. A life is a life and I won't be held responsible for the loss of one.
That's that.
Please don't start with 'Oh but plants are alive too!' Come on. What the hell do u expect me to live on? Air?? It's the lesser of the two evils..so get off my back :P
While we're at it, I wouldn't hurt a fly/cockroach/bug but I sure as hell wouldnt want to pet one so get THAT away from me.


L is for Lifestyle Choice
Veg, Non-veg, Gay, Straight, Bi, Smoker, Non-smoker, Likes to wear Pink, Hates cats, likes cross-dressing..whatever, it's your life.
I have no hang-ups as long as you don't expect me to do the same and as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
Paedophiles, Molesters, Murderers, Spouse-beaters, Rapists, Animal killers (in no particular order, of course)..all of you need to be shot and I hope your death is a slow and painful one.


L is for Laughter
I love laughing. I can laugh at myself, at you and yo momma.
And I do it quite often- to your face (or yo momma's.)
I will NOT talk to you for too long if you do not make me laugh.. and I'm talking about a 'laugh-WITH-you' kinda way and not a 'laugh-AT-you' sorta way. If you do not see me laughing you may take it as either 1) you're just not very funny or 2) you're sucking the joy out of me.
Both are no-no's in Mahi-land.


L is for Left-handed
Which is what I am. We are rare, precious and often artistic? We are right-brainers which often means our math (read: logic) skills might suck big time but we're really good with our imagination and our hands (read: spatial skills). At a movie, we're more likely to pay attention to the cinematography rather than the words. (That's highly debatable but that's what my psychology tutor said, so there ya go.)
I often get stared at for the way I write..something about my hand being bent at an odd angle, but whatev coz that's the way ahuh, ahuh I LIKE it.


L is for Lemonade
Chilled water, juice of a full lemon (or lime..sheesh nitpicky aren't we?), 2 teaspoons of sugar (or not.....sheesh healthy today aren't we?), a couple of ice cubes and.....a few crushed mint leaves.
Heaven in a glass, I tell you. You'll thank me.


L is for the Lift (or Elevator)
I'm a lazy bum. If there's a lift, I'll take it.
Sheesh, you don't expect me to climb the stair with THESE shoes on, do ya?
Heels work out the gluteus maximus ( I have ALWAYS wanted to use that!!!) too, ya kno.
Don't even try and change my mind.
The only time you'd see me giving the lift a miss, is if a stinky person is in it or if someone took a dump/piss in it.


L is for Loophole
I am sneaky. Bery, Bery sneaky.
I am not proud of this but where and when it suits me, I WILL find a loophole in a deal or a promise- be it in the phrasing, or ambiguity of words or anything else.
I try not to do it but hey I'm only human.
I know. I came pretty damn close to perfect, didn't I?
Ah well.


L is for Light
Light-ness of being, a state which I love being in. It's sublime, it's perfect and it's not chemically induced. It happens rarely and sometimes for no damn good reason but when it does, it feels like the universe is saying 'Today's your day, kiddo. Be happy. Be cool.' (or something like that)
Light is good and it's important while reading. So kids, make sure you have adequate light. Also yellow light give everything a very flattering tinge.




Okay that was my meme, bestowed by the lovely and most yummiest of mummy's- Miz B. Thank you, Laydee! I enjoyed it greatly!

Here are the rules:
If you comment on this entry and beg for a letter, I will give you one.
Thou shalt write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.
If you want a letter, ask for one in the comment box and I shall choose one for you.

29 Comments:

Blogger surbhi seth did the happy dance and finally said..

Nice knowing your perception on some of the 'L' words... gotta say though, most didn't come to me as a surprise!;)
Also, you really don't take your Laughter Life Lightly eh?!:)
Now, this is too fun to pass, so bestow upon me a letter Mahi... gotta Love a challenge!=D

10:07 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

Ooooh! I LOVED your oh-so-LOVELY LIST of LUSCIOUS things that just shed more LIGHT on the LUMINOUS, jovial, funky and just plain damn hot LAYDEE that you are!

Way to go Mahi-Mahi!

LOVE... Yes, as corny as it sounds, when it happens you will know...

All the rest down to left-handed, I hear ya...

Left-handed, good for you! Though I am not left-handed, as a child I made the conscious choice to wear my watch on my right-hand just because it made no sense to me that i had to be like everyone else... makes writing a bitch though so I have to take the watch off to write! *sigh*

Oooh! The lemonade (without sugar for me gracias!) sounds delish! Me like!

Lifts are a Laydee's friend fo sho! I once was stuck in one when some jackass farted... I am not too crazy about them these days now!

Loophole and light... you pegged them!

You rule Lady Mahi!

HARD CORE!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Simon did the happy dance and finally said..

L is also for Lump.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

surbhi - *drumroll*...........
..............
.........
your letter is.......
.........
......
D
go knock em dead girl!

miz b- hehe i knew ud want the lemonde without sugar! ewww lift farters are gross and shameless..kill em all! haha thank you yummy mummy you rule too!
HARDDDDDCORE!

simon- yes sir L is for lump too

10:46 PM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

hey i watch movies mostly for the graphics and the animations and the angles and all the techie details...my friends dontbother asking me about the story afterward...they take onelook at my glassy eyes and know what im thinking about....* looks crestfallen*.. im a righty tho...and i love art..live it,breathe it and sleep it...
loved this post *huggles*

11:02 PM  
Blogger jhantu did the happy dance and finally said..

L is for Landu , i mean Nandu, sabka bandu

12:02 AM  
Blogger Aditya Abburi did the happy dance and finally said..

L for Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
(its the name of a village on the island of Anglesey in Wales)

would love to see if can 10 words....... shoot a letter!

2:00 AM  
Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

MAHI ARE YOU LEFT HANDED TOO!

*FAINTS*

I am left handed as well! I write with my left hand, almost turning my hand upside down....odd angle to say the least!

are you sure we werent separated at birth?....:O:O:O

2:25 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

grafx - awww youre a special righty! hehe some of my friends had that same glassy look when i make them (force them to?) watch harry potter or LOTR or Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.teehee its damn funny!
thank you babe! -hugggg-

jhantu my hindi really sucks so i had no idea what that meant! it better not be overly dirty..let's keep it clean aye

aditya - hahaha i heard of that name! boy is THAT a mouthful..hmmm ok your word issssssssss...
*drumroll*
R!
go get em tiger!

megha - :O :O
NO BLOODY WAY. this really is getting freaky :S yea yea my hand gets bent and contorted too! when's your birthday again!?!

meghanaaa - gosh! medha, megha, meghana..i can see why dev butchered your name! haha
thank you babe and noo it didnt sound stalker-y, it was very sweet!
-hug-

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

L IS FOR LOSER
L IS FOR LAMER
L IS FOR LAZY-ASS
L IS FOR LALOO

4:11 PM  
Blogger FRZ did the happy dance and finally said..

L is for Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park...2 bands which have realy gone down the drain

1:56 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

aww dev stop calling yourself names! we still love you, even though you're all of the above =D

faz - LB was always in the drain...LP....theyre not around much now are they :S

4:45 PM  
Blogger ± did the happy dance and finally said..

hey mahi.. tell me something... the rules of the game say 10 words.
but just give it a thought, if there was no restriction, ho wmany you reckon you would have posted?
is there still something you left out which you rather include?


just curious because i do not understand these games... and yeah.. i dont play...

12:25 AM  
Blogger Nitin Srivastava did the happy dance and finally said..

L is for the LAP OF HONOUR

L is for LIVING YOUR LIFE which is more than Life

L is for laudable, i.e. this post

L ........ linguistically I'm languid to love you dear.....

L is for Lemme take your Leave before you say Lemme kick you

smiLes

12:51 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

harjee - its often the case where BEFORE you have to write the post, you can think up a 100 L words that mean something to you, but WHILST writing the post, coming up with 10 is hard as hell!
so i cant really say how many id have written without restriction..could have been more..but it could have been less too :)

nitin - L is for LOL Good One! thank you for visiting sir, do come again =D

6:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown did the happy dance and finally said..

"L" is too easy.. do "Z" or "Q"

*sniggering*

6:37 PM  
Blogger 4wD did the happy dance and finally said..

L is for Letter. heh.

give me one. I'm almost done with the new template, so i'll do it when i'm done, and if my boss won't make me work nights.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

jups just for that i'm gonna give you a Z. :P do it. DO IT.

4wd - okay Focus Focus..a Friggin letter For FourWD. Oh, how about an 'F'??

10:30 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

lmao! I hope you don't run into that "dump in an elevator" thing too often!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown did the happy dance and finally said..

Z?? I love a challenge,:P

Expect it to be passionate and beautiful. By passionate I mean perverse,and by beautiful I mean stupid.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dawn - youd be surprised how often people piss and poop in elevators here ( but thankfully ive never come across it in my elevator!)

jups- .and Mahi said "LET THERE BE A Z!'
zezezezezeee zezeze

6:20 PM  
Blogger Cee Kay did the happy dance and finally said..

Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee a letter Mahi. I don't have anything better to blog about these days.

2:35 AM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

ok....WHERE are you... are you gone already!?!? did you disappear?

10:17 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar did the happy dance and finally said..

Lazy Lbum Lwhen Ldo Lwe Lget Lto Lsee La Lnew Lpost (how abt a fairy tale abt the golddigger and the ****digger)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Aditya Abburi did the happy dance and finally said..

whew!! finally done writing 10 words

1:22 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

WHERE ARE YOU SWEET MAHI????

Ooooh! Has the time to travel to Australia arrived? I cannot wait to hear from you...

3:41 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

geting here - your letter is a V! moahahaha

grafx, miz b, rohan all my darlings...the new post is coming soooon! you'll know why it took ages for me to update
ps - rohan I AINT NO GOLD DIGGER!:@

aditya - will check it out soon sir! well done!

6:24 PM  
Blogger lemon did the happy dance and finally said..

ah..i guess we think alike..my pseudo name is lemonade and my blog's name is 'glass of heaven'..lol..
anyway mahi..i have to tell u that i absolutely am in love with ur blog..!! been reading it for quite awhile now..but been a lil apprehensive bout commenting..anyway..love the way that u write n love ur attitude..u rock girl..! :)

3:41 AM  
Blogger lemon did the happy dance and finally said..

oh ya..n can i have a letter too..??


thanks :)

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google