12 July, 2006

Hot, Steamy Days Down Under.

Teehee.

Okay Okay we'll wait till you get your mind out of the gutter and then I'll tell you about the trip.

Done?
Cool.

Ok firstly the flight sucked ass.
It was filled with stinky Europeans. I'm not being racist, it's a fact. The flight began in London and had a stopover at Singapore..hence stinky Europeans.
Not only was it stinky but I got a bloody window seat. I didn't have the heart to disturb the eldery couple next to me so I basically pee-ed when they needed to pee (which was annoyingly not often enough.)
I also wish there was so rule about how taller people should get the emergency exit seats. I was like an overgrown sardine in a stinky can.

But Melbourne rocked. It was cold but bloody awesome!
In my previous post, loyal reader and good pal Dev gave you all an update, so I'll elaborate-

Dev said
quick mahi update to her loyal readers:
1) she lost my brithday present but found it.
2) she lost her camera btut found it.
3) she drew me and AWESOME PICTURE of my face for me...wowsers
4) she did a body shot of tequilla !! lol
5) a total of 97 photos have been taken with mahima in it somehow...which averages 19.4 photos per day.
6) we're off to watch italy vs australia tonight at federation square (outdoors with 20,000 supporters at 2am tonight!)
7) and yes, mahi's still on the MAN-HUNT (well, lets see how shw goes with 20,000 drunk fans tonight).

1) I misplaced Dev's very expensive present (which wasn't even from me, but from another friend), proceeded to have a mini heart attack, turned the whole house upside down and then finally found it in Arpu's suitcase. I don't know whether to feel terrible for going through Arpu's stuff or wonder why on earth was it in her suitcase in the first place. :P
Okay okay she's not a klepto, the truth is our stuff was all over the place and things get misplaced.
(Ahem.)
Dev's Mexican themed party rocked and I'm sure he wouldn't mind me putting up a few pictures!


2) I misplaced my camera, my phone, my money, my hairbrush, my towel..and everything else at least 3 times every day. Makes me wonder where my mind is or if I just automatically turn blonde everytime I land in Melbourne.

3) I drew Dev's portrait after being told 2 days before my departure that someone had already given him a white shirt and a scarf. It turned out surprisingly good especially since I had not done any portraits after nearly 4 years!
[Blogger is being a bitch and not uploading my pictures. So maybe I'll upload them later..be back to check!]

4) Ooh. Next.

5) Pfft. 19.4 photos per day. As if. More like 30. :D

6) Yes. Mahi watched a soccer match. Miracles do happen.
It was FREEZING so I had to wrap myself up and ended up looking like a shapeless mass. SO unattractive. My sexy seduction plans flew out the window that night.
And since I'm safely in Singapore I can say this - Arpu jinxed the match. Just before the final shot she says "I'm so cold! I wish Italy would just score so we could go home." and BOOM! Italy scored. Well done Arpu.
(Dear Aussies reading this -Please send all hate mail to Arpu.)

7) Please refer to point no. 6

8) I'm convinced I am flypaper for freaks.
Arpu and I were outside a mall waiting for a friend. We were watching 3 men play the Spanish guitar (v.v. sexy) and I started dancing..ok not dancing, more like swaying..yknow...step, step, sway..gettit?
Anyway some dude walked around me and pretended to grab my butt. And he wasn't even CUTE. He had the nerve to turn around and grin at me as he walked away. Asshole.
2 minutes later, Arpu said something funny, I cracked up and a stinky homeless dude walks upto me and says "It's okay to laugh, love! It's Tuesday..uh...Thursday!" And as if that wasn't weird enough he proceeded to pat me on the back...
Keep in mind that he was STINKY!!!!!
ONE minute later, this well dressed, bespectacled, 50-something, suitcase-carrying and drunk-out-of-his-mind guy stumbles upto us and says "Fucking Indians! Go home!"
I don't know why but that cracked me up so badly coz this dude could hardly stand straight and looked like such a moron. Arpu held my hand and he said "Yeh! Of course you Indians love each other, of COURSE you love each other." And stumbled off. I was so tempted to say "Thank you, come again" with a silly headshake.
Most ironic bit?
When he fell down, a Chinese guy helped him back up.
*Shakes head*
Prick.

9) Dev's younger brother Ravi is in a band called Skybombers. We went for a couple of their gigs and they were bloody awesome and the crowd was mad!
Not only is their music VERY cool but they're also a really cute looking bunch and overall very likeable guys. And I'm not saying that coz I'm obligated to just coz a friend is in the band..They really are good.
So give 'em your support, buy the single (it's out already in Melbourne I think) and make em rich.
(Ravi, I'm really pissed off that I didn't get the free CD.)

10) We visited a vineyard. It just took us like 3 hours to get there coz we drove around in circles.
Well, what else do you get when you put together 4 girls in a car. :P
The vineyard made me very happy not because of the wine but because I had a cheese platter for lunch. I love me my cheese platter.
*sigh*

11) And of course we went around bar hopping too. Mahi has to go bar hopping in a foreign land. The bartender at the Long Room made me very happy too coz I asked him for something sweet and potent and he came back with some orange drink that was sweet and after a few sips and I didn't give a shit about what was in it..so yea it was potent too :D

12) We organised a trip to Mornington Peninsula which is a beautiful spot at the Southernmost tip of Melbourne (this is what I was told I didn't really check any map). It was absolutely breathtaking.
Of course, Dev being Dev couldn't resist taking dirty shots.
We were blackmailed and told to look happy in them.
I swear.

13) We had a smashing party at my friend Sheetal's house. There was booze, music, damage done to furniture and spillage on carpets.
Ahh good times!
And of course funny pictures...some of which I cannot, nay..WILL not put up!

14) We saw Russell Peter’s in action!! This dude is amazing. He’s the funniest brown man I’ve ever come across. I laughed like hell…his opening act (some dude called Yoshi) started off funny but then started on deaf and dumb people and the disabled….and that just wasn’t really funny at all.
But hey! Way to go, Russell!


There was so much more, but I think the most important thing for me was that this trip was an education for me. A real eye opener.
I learnt so much about the human nature...about the evil in people and on the flip side..the goodness of man. I was amazed to find that hardship, when dealt with in a healthy way, makes a person warmer, sensitive and more aware rather than cold and stone-hearted. It brings out strength in you that you never knew existed.

I learnt that some people just make you feel like you've come home and home doesn't have to be somewhere you've lived for ages..it's a feeling.

I learnt things about myself that I wasn't even aware of- things that shocked me (in a nice way) and things that made me smile.

But MOST importantly...I learnt that I really am a good cook and I make a mindblowing Apple Pie and Bread & Butter Pudding.
Martha Stewart can kiss my ass.


‘Ere’s to Melbourne, mates!
-clink-

Labels:

25 Comments:

Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

yup, educational trip.

uh-huh.

:)

4:57 AM  
Blogger Aditya Abburi did the happy dance and finally said..

heheh now u telling us people go to australia for some education :)) come on lady, where's the aussie attitude??

10:30 AM  
Blogger Sangeeta did the happy dance and finally said..

Hey, I looked all over for someone fitting your description at the Russell Peters gig. On my way out I saw someone I thought may be you, and asked her if she was Mahima but she said no. So there you go. Next time wear a rose in your hair or something :P There were just too many tall Indian girls around!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

megha - ahem. 'Whatever happens on Google Chat, stays on Google Chat.'
LOL!

meghana - hehe trust me..the educational part of the trip was the biggest thing i took away with me..of course i couldnt put EVERYTHING up on the blog...but lets just say im a wiser woman now :)

aditya - ok..i went to aussie and got drunk outta my mind too! :D YEA! *thumbs up*

metria - shit guess what...i checked my ticket that day and it turns out i was going for the 9.30 show! im so sorry..i didnt even KNOW he was doing 2 shows a night!
but hey what did u think of the gig??

11:21 AM  
Blogger Sangeeta did the happy dance and finally said..

Ah, well no wonder then :P

I thought he was pretty good overall, except for when he started on deaf people, that was pretty harsh. Not that they can hear, but still.

Yoshi was all right the first couple of minutes, then he went downhill (after his grandfather-being-a-retired-kamikaze-pilot joke)

I posted something on my blog about the RP show. I don't know if I'll buy his DVD when it comes out because most of the jokes would be stale to me by then. Still, he's bloody hilarious, so I may just follow his orders and buy it instead of downloading ;)

5:29 PM  
Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

Despite the mishaps and being stuck in a plane with stinky gwailos and old people that don't pee enough, it sounds like you had fun.

Now go upload that drawing. Or do what technologically-advanced people do and set up a Flickr account.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

mahiii...oh my god...i just relived the trip reading this blog..it was sooo sooo awesome..i learned so much about u..like how long u take in the toilet..i think sheetal and junior would agree with me on this one...and i so did not jinx the italy vs astralia match...we so have to go to bombay in june next year!

10:34 PM  
Blogger exclusively_me did the happy dance and finally said..

heya mahi..! ive been reading ur blog for quite some time now..:) and i was soo waiting for a new post on ur blog....well...seems like u did have a very interesting time in aus...gr8 goin gurl..! ahem...By the way..i'm priyanka and here's my blog ... www.inluvwithlaughter.blogspot.com

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

guys, Mahi lived with me and my family while she was here in aus...and let me tell you that girl drove me NUTS!!! she took three hrs in the toilet....she had her stuff all over the house....she drove me up the wall, ranting like a lunatic on how uncomfortable she is with 'certain' things heheheeh but Mahi....this house feels empty without you(and Arpu)and I miss you both like crazy....love you...
sheetal beetle

12:25 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar did the happy dance and finally said..

How can one learn he/she IS a good cook, I always thought one is told abt tht unless one is desperately trying to drive home a vain point ;)
Pics for 4. and 13. demanded :)

9:23 AM  
Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

From this post and comments (specifically Arpeeta and Sheetal), I gather you had an educational tour in the toilet.

Please dont explain how it was educational. We dont want to know... no wonder blogger didnt upload the pics... did u get the message - "Objectionable Content"?

10:08 AM  
Blogger Leigh did the happy dance and finally said..

I'm an aisle seat person myself. Glad you enjoyed Oz!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Arjun did the happy dance and finally said..

Can't help wondering what "Educated" Mahi's future posts would look like! :lol: I'm so glad that you had an awesome time in Melb; feeling all excited for you, actually! Don't have a clue why, though!
Continue having fun, anyways!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

damn! she's bak

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

hey mahi

ahha this is my first time visiting ur blog..well written man..keep it up :)

n yea u made me think bak of my trip too...i wanna go bak mroe than ever now :(

11:15 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

metria - hehe i am SO not buying the dvd :P

jay - i tried using flickr it still doesnt work..im getting a little pissed off. i mean i want my adulation dammit.

arpu - WASHING AND CONDITIONING MY HAIR TAKES TIME. MOISTURISING CANNOT BE DONE WITHOUT A MIRROR. cows.

exclusively me - hey priyanka! thanks for visiting, how come i dont see u commenting here more often? ill visit your blog too! see u around

sheetal - look...all im saying is some people are not COMFORTABLE with being groped without any warning. i miss you guys there loads too :( come to singapore sooooooon!

rohan - now now :P you cant expect me to post such things up on public space (psst...see u on msn)

apoo - LOL that was good one (asshole.)
no yaar..the stupid thing says that the pix have been uploaded but theres nothing there!

leigh - i never minded window seats when my family was with me coz i could just order them to get up...i kinda forgot i was travelling alone this time :S

couchie - ure feeling excited for me coz im sending you psychic excited vibes man ;) hahaha future posts eh..theyll pretty much be the same i think haha

abhi - damn YOU'RE back.

sashi - heeey welcome! how was your trip anyway? we didnt get to meet there at all..what gives??
i so wanna move to melbourne now :(

12:08 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

bar hopping, bands, attracting freaks - sounds like my kind of fun!!!

11:11 PM  
Blogger surbhi seth did the happy dance and finally said..

So glad you're back sweetie!
Looks like someone had an extremely fun time in Melbourne! Great! But what's up with all those freaks touchin' you on the back side?!!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

Congrats on being back, on having had such adventures (you are one funny LADEE fo sho!) and on a bloody fun trip...

Do they say bloody there a lot? Hmmm? ;-)

SOOOO glad to have you back dear Ladee! As for becoming a ditz, don't have kids then! Pregnancy sucks the brain juice right outta you! THE HORROR!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Alternate Vision did the happy dance and finally said..

pictures pictures

12:43 AM  
Blogger 4wD did the happy dance and finally said..

Everyone wants pics, i know. But can you email me the dirty ones? I wont let anyone see.

Oh hey, i'm new here... but we've met.

Shhh.

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

hey hamsta

back from my trip and saw the bvlog with photos! awesome!

we miss you 'mate... had a blast while u were here, and glad this trip was as memorable as the last....talk soon ensign...

7:33 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dawn - =D come to think of it...you're life must be like one long holiday man!

surbhi - im glad to be back (kinda)..oh no that freakshow didn't touch me, lucky for him. he'd have walked away with 2 black eyes. grr!

miz B - it was indeed a bloooody fun trip! becoming a ditz?? too late! i already am =D and im lovin' it baby!

surya- soon soon

urban bourbon ninja - :O say it aint so! are you whom i think you are? gimme a sign ninja, gimme a siiiiign

dev - the photos on the link weren't even HALF of what i had mate! u still have to send me loads too! how was canada? miss u guys too..i actually had a dream that all of us went on some trip and the hotel we were staying at had SHITTY TOILETS..ok so that was more of a nightmare..anywayz fill u in on it later, ta!

1:28 PM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

HEYYYY you!! im back!! oh my god that sounds like SUCH a great time!!! i LOVE RUSSELL PETERS!!!! he came to Canada once and i saw his show then . the guy is insanely funny!!! ah my gad im so glad you like his humor. hahahahhaha!!!

*hugs*

3:04 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

grrafxxxxx baby! yes he's blooody funny man it was such a riot!
but i still think his first show (the one tts on the net) was waaaay better!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google