04 August, 2006

I've got words that destroy, words that build..I've got words that go bump in the night..*

*Title taken from Ben Lee's 'Get Gotten'.
His album 'Awake Is The New Sleep' is my album of the fortnight!


Of late I've been thinking of lines that I've heard or read or said...sometimes seemingly innocuous lines that just seem to stick in your head..'know what I mean? And if you do, then you'll also know that along with the content..it's the way they were said..

I'm gonna share some of the ones that have settled down and made my mind and heart their permanent home.
[Psst..some of them are of a personal nature..so don't worry if you don't get it...this post is more for me than it is for you =)
Also...some of these lines may be from some of you..I won't name names too much..and I hope you don't mind :D


'Your absence runs through me,
Like thread through a needle.
It is stitched in everything I do..'
[Read this in some obscure book of poems..I think I may have butchered it a bit but I like my version better :P]



'I wanna get you..so get gotten...'
-Ben Lee 'Get Gotten' [I love this song man. And this line- how simple is it? It's straight up and no frills! It's straight to the point, baby!]

'All I smell are strawberries when you're around..'
- :)

'You're the sort of woman a guy would want to make his wife, and then continue having affairs with his wife..just because you're you.'
-Paraphrased at the end :) but it made me laugh so hard!

'I'll keep in touch..I promise'
- *cough* bullfaeces, but still.

'You're the Great Pretender, Mahi'
-Thanks, Dad.

'I should've just taken the blue pill.'
-Matrix fans- you know what I mean with this one.

'... and what hurt the most
was the fact
that you never looked back...'
- I just came across Saltwater Blues and saw this..just beautiful.

'Okay so you don't feel the same way about me now.....but you will :)'
-Me..being supremely cocky..and supremely right. I know, I know. Don't worry it already came back to bite me in the ass.

'Marriage is the union between two forgivers'
-Told to me by a friend's mother..It makes me slightly wary and uncomfortable.

'Nooo don't corner me! Why are you forcing your number on meeeee?'
- LOL. (I get this a lot :P)

'I have seen days,
When you're smile goes on forever..'
-From Pete Murray's 'Smile'. I have seen smiles that seem to never end. And sometimes that's enough and it's all you can hope for.



There's more but I'm sleepy..and nostalgic and missing a lot of people.

G'nite all
:)
Have a fabulous weekend!

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

Oooh! Am I first? FUNKIFIED AND ELECTRIFIED FO SHO!!!!

I love that Ben Lee line! Fabulous!

The strawberry one reminds me of my lil' chica who runs to smell me after a shower because she says I smell of apples! Who knew? ;-)

Besos!

5:35 AM  
Blogger MechanicalCrowds did the happy dance and finally said..

Nice!
I like the 'keep in touch' line, just cause it always means the exact opposite. (when said to me anyways)

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

I like the sixth one., seems like your dad isn't the only one..

11:20 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

miz b - dance the dance electric, baby, YEA! =D apples eh?? im gonna send you a couple of ben lee songs- 'smile' and 'apple candy' hope you like them!

mechanicalcrowds- welcome sir..yes i totally know what you mean...everytime someone says 'keep in touch' i think to myself 'oh boy.'

saggistica - my dad isn't the only one what?

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

... Isnt the only one who says that.. so does mine... ( to me )..

4:50 AM  
Blogger Menagerie did the happy dance and finally said..

Wonderful! I loved them all, especially the one - "'Okay so you don't feel the same way about me now.....but you will :)".

I think only you could carry that off...:)

5:01 AM  
Blogger aditi did the happy dance and finally said..

i love this one... 'I wanna get you..so get gotten...'So cute!
U know what .. ur blog jus makes me think every time i visit it.. ive seriously stopped updating my blog.. jus not finding anythin inspiring enough to write abt these days.. but regularly visit this page.. love it! :) keep rocking and keep writing!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

saggistica - these dads..sometimes they have a habit of hitting the nail on the head no? only sometimes tho :)

menagerie - lol trust me..sometimes i cant believe the stuff that leaves my mouth! im just as mortified as some of my 'victims' :D

aditi - i loved it too! :D the sheer simplicity of it..just beautiful!
thanks aditi! im really humbled by what you said and i hope i dont disappoint ever :)

5:42 PM  
Blogger Wanderer did the happy dance and finally said..

Liked the 'I wanna get you...so get gotten' and 'I have seen days when your smile goes on forever...' :)

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

ha ha yeah sometimes..,

but you know what, the best lines i like in the whole post which made me stop and comment for the first time was, "Yeah Mahi, I love you baby!Yea!" ;)

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Can I pin you up on my blog, I mean your link?? :)?

5:29 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

welcome lovemarks!
hehe i have those 2 songs on constant replay!

saggistica - lol thats my personal favourite too :P sure u can!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

lol - "I'll keep in touch"...totally famous last words...I never keep in touch with anyone!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar did the happy dance and finally said..

I ask you to come up with one original masterpiece and you come up with one whole post with ripped ones tch tch tch ;), nice post btw

10:55 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dawn - meanie!! lol

rohan - pfft like i'd ever actually listen to you! and btw it is original (kinda)
any of those lines seem familiar to you? :P thank u!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown did the happy dance and finally said..

Get gotten... hmm I'd like to use that.. ;)
or on second thoughts, I'd just like to get gotten.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

fantastic entry!
esp the 4th one.. abt having an affair wif the wife.
gr8 blog!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

I looooveee me them songs Ladee M! And I looooveee me the sweet soul that is you! Gracias!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Mint Chutney did the happy dance and finally said..

"All I smell are strawberries when you're around.."

SO sweet.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

jups - u and me both! *siigh*

thanks ibrahim! haha yea that tickled me too

miz b - :D u are very very welcome! im just doing my bit and spreading the love!

minty - i know :) it totally turned me into mush! (im SO easy. pfft)

11:29 PM  
Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

I wanna get you, so get gotten.

*swoon*

and another thing:

is the download complete?

:P

*runs off*

6:50 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

megha - current status is 73.5%, SIR!
*salute and foot stomp*

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google