30 December, 2006

Overheard conversations. Mostly involving me...Overheard by me.

Phew, has this year gone by fast or what?

I thought about doing a recollection of everything important that happened to me this year, but I think I'll forgo that mostly because
1) I'm assuming you've been faithfully reading my posts to know what's happened.
2) I'm too lazy to do it. Now, now. Don't chastise me. Look at my blog's title. That should've given you a fair bit of warning.

So let's instead indulge in a bit of easy chit-chat..okay more like I'll tell you of a few interesting conversations and you read and nod and say "Aye..aye..been there. I feel you sistah!" and other such nice things.


Mink - Mahi, you're such a fussy vegetarian.
Mahi - I know! I've been told that so many times. Are you a fussy vegetarian too?
Mink - I don't know..am I?
Mahi - Okay...Eggplant?
Mink - Ohmigod I LOVE eggplant
Mahi - I hate it...Lady's finger?
Mink - I LOVE lady's finger!
Mahi - Yuck. Too slimy. Pumpkin?
Mink - I'm not too fond of it actually
Mahi - Oh pumpkin is okay when it's in pumpkin soup...Potato?
Mink - I love potato!
Mahi - Me too!! Yaaayy!!
Mink - Yaaaay!!
-Mahi and Mink actually flutter fingers together-
Mahi - Okay, okay what abouuuut tomato?
Mink - I like it!
Mahi - Oo I don't mind it but not when it's chunky
Mink - Mahi you don't like authentic Chinese food anymore right?
Mahi - Yea I'm a bit turned off by it. I developed a sort of taste aversion to it after puking once
Mink - What about tofu?
Mahi - Omg I love tofu!
Mink - Reeeally???
Mahi - Yes! Especially black pepper tofu! What about yoghurt?
Mink - I love yoghurt! I could eat a whole tub of it!
Mahi - Nyehh..I'm okay with yoghurt..just a 2 or 3 tablespoons...no no wait maybe 5 tablespoons....

At this point we here a thunk and we turn to see Kunal (Arpu's brother, who happened to be sitting at the dinner table with us) thumping his fist on the table and then holding his head in his hands and laughing. But I think he was laughing not coz he was tickled but because our conversation was driving him nuts.
"Jesus. You guys would have gone on and on and on. What's wrong with the two of you?"
Arpu was just shaking her head. I think she was wondering why exactly she had called us over. No scratch that, I think she was wondering how we even managed to reach her house in one piece.

Mahi - Mink, is today Tuesday?
Mink - Wait, tomorrow is...Wednesday..so..-calculates- Yes! Today is Tuesday!
Mahi - Yaaaayy!!

In our defence, Tuesdays is when we get half-priced waffles and icecream from Gelares. You have to be VERY SURE it's a Tuesday in order to actually not pay wayyy too much for waffles and icecream. You would be very careful about calculating what day it was if you were in my place, right?
Right?
..........Right?


Mink - -while listening to the radio- Mahi, why isn't Usher releasing any new songs??
Mahi - -sarcastically- Should I call up his manager and find out?
Mink - -sarcastically back- Why don't you just call up Usher himself?
-Silent moment as Mahi realises that this is an unprecedented event. Mink rarely screws Mahi over and if she does, it's not a very good attempt-
Mahi - Awwwww Mink you screwed me over! I'm so proud of you!!!
Mink - Me too!!!!!
-Mahi and Mink do fluttery hands thingie-

Arpu found this stomach-clutchingly hilarious when this happened..after she got out of the car, Mink and I looked at each other. "What a loser." "It wasn't even that funny." "Yea."
We're such juveniles. Who woulda thunk that Mink is gonna graduate with a major in Mathematics, me with major in psychology and Arpu a major in biochemistry (or something like that..I'm still not sure what her degree is..Arpu what the hell is it that you do anyway?)


Sharul and I were having a conversation on men.
Sharul - Mahi, there are going to be some pretty hot guys at this club you know..
Mahi - I know..problem is the minute they open their mouths to talk, you just want to kill yourself.
Sharul - You should just tape up his mouth and rape him then.
-Mahi and Rishi, who's incidentally Sharul's boyfriend, just stare at her for a long time, in stunned silence-
Mahi - What the hell have you two been doing together?
Rishi - Honest to God, I have no idea where that came from.

All of us were just a bit disturbed that night :P

We were all invited to Roohi's one night for dinner
Roohi - You guuuuys! I made the dinner! Every single dish! I hope you guys love it!

Upon arriving we were astounded to see a spread of dishes....and a salad consisting of chopped up lettuce and carrots.
Mahi - Wow Roohi, this stuff tastes amazing! How on earth did you manage to make all of this?
Roohi - - smiles delightedly and ignores question- Have some salad!
Roohi's Mom - Haha! She didn't make all this...I did! She made that -points to the salad that no one had touched yet-
-Roohi stops smiling and everyone tries their best to stifle their laughter-
Nirav (who incidentally is Roohi's boyfriend) - -slowly reaches out a takes a leaf of cabbage and munches encouragingly- Well.........the cabbage tastes....great..
Mahi - Hehehehehehe
Roohi - Bitch.


Ahhhhh God bless my friends, I love em all I know I don't say that as often as I should.
However I have one bone to pick with them.
Will you assholes (my gang..not you lovely dear readers) please stop going out on couple dates so much and REMEMBER your sole single friend every now and then??!?
I swear to God, I think I'm gonna end up a sad angry spinster who spends too much time baking and lives in a house with too many dogs.

Nah I'm kidding. Of course I won't be mad. After all, I'll make sure I have gorgeous young toy boys spending lotsa quality time with me.

:D

Happy New Year Everyone!
Don't forget to break that New Year's Resolution that you just made ;)

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Di did the happy dance and finally said..

yeah i know!!sometimes we speak the most senseless stuff that makes perfect sense to us.. but its all goood;)have a great year too dear

1:42 PM  
Blogger jedimerc did the happy dance and finally said..

I'm breaking all my resolutions in advace (more like suggestions :)

Have a Happy New Year too!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Abhinav Sharma did the happy dance and finally said..

happy new year buddy...
good start for the year with ur blog, otherwise it has been pathetic (catching last train to home last night and in office today, what cud be worse)...

the next time u post a video, do post the fluttery hand thingie. have been able to visualise it a bit, but wud really love seeing that!

have an amazing 2007

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Happy new year twinkle toe ... may the might of laziness empower you further this year and may you be blessed with more wit as this new year begins (the wit in your posts slowly sled away for some reason during the later half of last year ... where's the old mahi i say ... please come back this year ok?)

Research has it that Wit is inversely proportional to Effort ... This could actually mean that your laziness is being attacked (by you). Let that not happen ... us lazy souls need to be loyalists ... laze that ass i say

... da force be with you!! bring back wit please .. sincere request

PS: You really wish for me to break my ny resolution?

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

that officially was the nicest and longest comment (both at the same time) i've ever written (i think) -abhi puts on his thinkin jocks-

... i promise this won't happen again -abhi removes his thinkin jocks-

1:21 PM  
Blogger Trevor Penn did the happy dance and finally said..

Wishing that the new year brings more of such conversations in bunches... Happy 2007.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Strider did the happy dance and finally said..

nice fun u guys have!! :D

Wishing more of all this and much more in the coming year!!

A very happy new year to u!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

di - such senseless stuff is sometimes SO much fun (cheap thrills i know :P) thanks babe! you too :)

jedimerc - haha thats the way to go man! happy 2007!

tetra - hey well if it helps my new year moment didnt go that great either..ah well, at least we have the rest of the year to make up for it :) haha u know maybe i will show u guys the fluttery hands thing...after which all of you will think im an even bigger bimbo than i already am!
u too buddy!

abhi - what can i say man..later half of the year got a bit more busy and a bit more serious...you're right it probably showed in my posts..sigh..i need to LAZE dammit.
lol your ny resolution eh? that depends entirely on you mate..im not one to tell people what to do...........
HAHA!
oh i crack myself up
:D

thank u seashell...to you too..here's to such light-hearted, love-filled conversations for all :)

3:32 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

strider - we're all airheads mate but we'll be damned if we dont revel in our air-headedness :D have an awesome 2007!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Dan did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi, what the heck is lady's finger? I'm too lazy to Google it! See, you're not the only lazy one. :)

Happy New Year Mahi! Hugs and kisses!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Sig did the happy dance and finally said..

Happy New Year Mahi! Hehe I hope that if I am going to be lazy...I can do it like you - in STYLE!!!


Hope you have a good one :)

6:20 AM  
Blogger That Armchair Philosopher did the happy dance and finally said..

lol. thats a loooong conversation :)
happy new year!

3:45 PM  
Blogger KJ did the happy dance and finally said..

Wishing you a Happy New Year, Mahi.....

hugs

KJ

5:15 PM  
Blogger Scritch did the happy dance and finally said..

I've never met anyone who was that excited my veggies. Were you a bit tip[sy by any chance? Or was it just a bad case of munchies? Happy new year anyway another year of senseless blogging yay!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dannydandan - lady's finger..well um its a vegetable, they call it 'okra' sometimes...i dont quite know how to describe except for saying 'it sucks'..hang on lemme google it for you :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okra
*gag*

silvara - :D thank u babe! heres to being lazy (and loving it!)

army - that wasnt long!!! happy new yr!

happy new year to u too KJ :)

scritch - sigh. i guess i should redeem myself..even if i lie..so, yes..i was tipsy :P
happy new year to u too babe!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Abhinav Sharma did the happy dance and finally said..

lady's finger is also called "bhindi"!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Aditya Abburi did the happy dance and finally said..

happy new year.... wishing 2007 to be your best year ever (i'll wish for the same next year too.. dont worry :) )

looking forward to more fun posts and videos from u... take care..

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

mahi i just looove reading ur blogs...im a long time reader and always a fan....a week is not complete without the lazy lines from mahima....

3:08 PM  
Blogger Dan did the happy dance and finally said..

Okra! OK, now I know what it is. Thanks for Googling that for me! ;)

4:29 AM  
Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

Happy new year Mahi!

Ohhh and I *heart* tofu, too!

Its like the best food, EVER.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google