07 December, 2006

Mahi, Mahi quite contraari, how does your garden grow?

I'm done, done, DONE with my exams!
Say it with me now people - "Woohoooooooooo!"

How did I celebrate, you ask?
I'll tell ya how I celebrated it..


I came home and gardened.

Yep.
'Putting- seeds- in- soil- in- a- pot' sorta gardened.
My friend's reaction - "Are you on drugs?"

Let me explain..it's not that I don't have a life...its just..don't you sometimes just want to come home and GARDEN?
Is it that so absurd an idea?


I felt like a CSI when I put on my plastic gloves and hauled two pots over onto some newspaper, and then proceeded to enjoyably dig my hands through the soil, dump it in the pot and daintily pat it down (but not too much patting coz I worried that the young seedlings/saplings/whatever-lings might not have enough strength to push thru the patted down soil). I then scattered the seeds with a flourish and sang "Let it grow, let it grow, let it grow"
(To the tune of "Let It Snow"...in case you missed that.)

I felt like JD on Scrubs, when all the while I was gardening, I had an inner monologue running through my head. I think up some pretty funny shit in my head sometimes, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was I thought up then. But I think it might have involved drinking. I'm thinking way too much about drinking now that I don't have to worry about studying with a hangover. I also indulged in a nice relaxed conversation with Kelso, who sat there perplexed at what I was doing.

I felt quite powerful as I held seeds as tiny as grains of sand (they were daisy seeds but by God, if they turn out to be just grains of sand I will be SOOO pissed off. I want to see daisies in 20 weeks, dammit!) each seed, holding the potential for new life..each holding the potential to bring that much more colour into the world. I felt powerful, indeedy. And then I peered closely and noticed how much they looked like poppy seeds. And for a brief minute, I was struck by panic- What if they WERE poppy seeds, and the cops found out and arrested me for growing something that could turn in cocaine!?
Naaah. What are the odds of that happening, eh?

And finally I felt pretty stupid when I realised the stupid cheap ass gloves I wore, didn't stop didley from entering in. I found dirt and water and other soil bits under my nails and then I had to CUT them.
I bet the CSI's never had this problem.

It was immensely relaxing and gratifying. When those flowers bloom, I shall behold them in all their blooming glory and think to myself "Ahhh..my love and dedication- in a pot." like a proud mother. -Cue chorus and halo effect and fuzzy camera shot-
Of course if those flowers don't bloom I'll be pissed as hell and then I can be PUH-RETTY sure that they were in fact just grains of sand.

And before I leave you, here's a pearl of wisdom. Only one pearl coz after this I don't think you'd wanna hear more-
"The most gratifying thing in the world? A good dump, Mahima. A good dump."
-Rishi

Wise words, my friend. Wise words.

20 Comments:

Blogger Sig did the happy dance and finally said..

Heheh Mahi...gardening?? No you're not insane...just adorably weird :D Well when you are doing some relaxing later and you see the fruits of your labour -it'll all be worth it :)

Heheh LOVE Scrubs - Season 6 is out - Woohoo!! I just realised the coincidence of your Kelso and Dr. Kelso lol.

That pearl of wisdom....so true yet so disturbing :D Ew!

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

oh my goddddddddd!!!!!!! your exams are over!!!!!!! its party time,..cant wait to return to u and apu and roohi and we will have a ball of a time!!!!!
wooooooooohoo=)

11:32 AM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!! :D youre going be so grateful when ALL your exams are done.for good!!!:D

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

boys love gardening ...
u know the works ...

dig, plant seed, water with dashes/dots (not morse) of love

1:29 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

silvara - i'll take 'adorably weird'! :D wow season 6 already? time does fly when you're having fun, no? lol..i originally named kelso after 'michael kelso' from the 70's show but hes slowly turning into 'dr kelso' from scrubs

mink - HURRRRRRY UP AND GET BACKKKKKKKKKKK
(btw if you're gonna go to the nike showroom again can you get my brother some t-shirts? i think hes a size M in australia..and oo oo get me t shirts too!!)

grafx - I KNOW! omg after my exams for next sem are over i think ill go mad with joy..and i sure as hell wont come home and GARDEN. :D

abhi - you're a perv. stop perving, go work and use that money to BUY MY ART!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

does that sweet innocent face look pervy, folks?

actually yea it does ... ok i buy art ... but does it necessarily have to be yours?

ok ok ... which one do i pick and what discounts do i get to consistently be mean to u?

6:38 PM  
Blogger Strider did the happy dance and finally said..

I miss those first few days after the last exam's over!!
God!! I miss those exams too!!!

happy hols mahima!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Edgewalker did the happy dance and finally said..

Hey there,

I found your blog through a comment on another persons blog as I'm surfing to find new blog friends. Anyway, just wanted to say that Scrubs is Awesome and I totally know what you mean by the inner monologue deal. Also, if you want your plant to grow Mo-fasta just play some classical music for it. Studies have shown that it actually stimulates plant growth. Kinda cool.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Raindrop did the happy dance and finally said..

You could always blame your mom for not watering the plants if they don't flower.

I'm good with plants, I once had a pepper and a chilli plant that survived for three whole months.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

abhi - blahblahblah. yes u have to buy MY art, which is why i said 'buy MY ART'. i am immune to meanness. i am the teflon girl. cant touch this nanananaa, cant touch this.

strider - u miss the exams? oh you did NOT just say dat.
thanks buddy :)

edgewalker - welcome, welcome!
yep ive heard about that! i heard talking to your plants is good too coz apparently theres actually a RESPONSE..how cool is that..
do visit again :)

raindrops - u know...i think the plants are being watered twice as much :S my mom does it and she doesnt tell me..so i end up watering them too..i think theyre gonna drown in all that water. -makes mental note to discuss watering issues with mom-
hardcore! did u use the chillies in your cooking??

4:48 PM  
Blogger That Armchair Philosopher did the happy dance and finally said..

*three months*
whoopeee.

so now that your exams are done - what next? :)

6:52 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

You have to wait 20 friggin' weeks???? No wonder I don't garden! Apart from being too lazy and having a Loverboy to do it... although I do pot plants and hang them in just the right place... and you bet your sweet patootie that getting gardening gloves that fit was a must cause getting crap under my nails is a HUGE no, no... icketty ICK!

How dumb and girly do I sound??? KICK ME I TELL YOU, KICK ME!!!

As for the exams CONGRATS on their being done! WOOH TO DA HOOH! We got us our Mahi, Mahi back! Faboo FO SHO!

2:35 AM  
Blogger jedimerc did the happy dance and finally said..

I also found your blog through surfing, as I am wont to do on Saturdays :)

Gardening is supposed to remind us of the toil of the past (or the present for those that do it for a living). I do get a kick watching my parents garden and grow lemon and lime trees in a climate that is mostly conducive to it...

And congrats on exams... I know all too well the pain of finals :)

5:01 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

army - see i've planned out a very well details and extensive action plan. its top secret but it involves a lot of sleeping, eating, watching star trek/scrubs and painting.

miz b - i know man..20 weeks..i was like "huh? 20 weeks? The Mahi says 'say wut, now?' "
nooo miz b..embrace the girliness! revel in it! let it take over you! its very therepeutic and gives your overworked-and-oh-so-overstressed-yet-beautifully-curly-haired-head of yours a good rest (HYPHENAAAAAATING! HIGH FIVE! HIGH FIVE uh uh uh mahi dances the DANCE ELECTRIC FO SHO UH!)
:D see what you do to me!

jedimerc - welcome welcome! i have question..is jedimerc a combo of jedi and mercedes?
haha i think gardening brings out that inner child in us..the one that was scolded for playing in the dirt..the one that was scolded for having dirt in our nails and on ours clothes.
payback is suh-weeeet!

11:34 AM  
Blogger jedimerc did the happy dance and finally said..

close... it's a combination of jedi and mercenary, which is certainly an oxymoron (I suppose sithmerc would be more appropriate), but I've had the name in one online form or another for years, so I'm stuck with it :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger That Armchair Philosopher did the happy dance and finally said..

sniff. no replies.

ok, i'll slink away.

;)

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

lets not talk about touching n all now

10:26 PM  
Blogger Abhinav Sharma did the happy dance and finally said..

lazy ppl cant wait for 20 weeks!

~never did anything to do with gardening unless specifically instructed by mom

3:54 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

jedi - ugh. star wars lover.
*mahi tuts and shakes her head*

THE ARMCHAIR PHILOSOPHER - i did reply you doofus! i call you 'army'! we agreed to that, remember??

abhi - good lord.
*mahi tuts and shakes her head*

tetra - yes we can tetra..yes we can. when you love daises (okay FINE i wanted gerbera seeds but they didnt have any and daisies are the next closest thing to gerberas) enough, you're willing to wait.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Scritch did the happy dance and finally said..

congrats on successfully making your way through your exams without having attacking a panic attack or black out.

But celebrations ought to be copious boozing while gardening at least. you surely must have earned it

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google