29 September, 2006

The Great Pretender = Me


Yup that's what my Dad says alot of the time
"You are the Great Pretender."

Well, he's right.
Y'know I've always said - It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
(Or in my case, pretending to be really smart and fervently praying that no one asks me any more questions)

Case No.1

I was watching one of my favourite channels - Discovery Travel and Living, and they were showing everything you needed to know about Seattle.
Dad comes along and says "Seattle, eh? You know when I was your age I memorized all the 51 states in America AND their capitals. I knew everything about every state."
So I pulled my eyes away from the TV, smirked and said "Geek."
"Geek? You young people can't be bothered to learn anything at all. Compared with how much I knew at your age, you know zilch."
"Oh yea? Well Mr. America, then tell me what state Seattle is in?"
.....
Silence
...
"Pfft. I'm 55 years old...er..the brain gets rusty y'know..I memorized all this ages ago..."
"Uhh-huh. Come on Dad. Just admit you don't know. It's okay. You're still the Man of the House." (I think at this point I may have also grunted for effect..but I can't really remember. Anyhoo..)
"As if you know what state it's in."
"Washington."
"Oh."

"It's cool Dad. I'm sure you'd have known allll about some other state..it happens to the best of us."
He walked away, muttering "Wiseass."

Of course he didn't have to know that just before he showed up, they flashed the map of Washington with Seattle in it...somewhere in there.

*Smirk*


Case No.2

"Oyyyye. I need help with my personal statement!" whined my dear brother, RUDELY interrupting my 'Prison Break' viewing.

[Slight Digression : Ladies..and a few Gentlemen, please do yourselves a favour a watch Prison Break. Not only is it really quite a rivetting show that focuses on the quiet desperation of blahblahblah.. it's got this GUY- Wentworth Miller as the main protagonist. What an interesting face, does he not have? The symmetry..the odd proportions that make that face so very fascinating to look at...oh screw that-


Oh.My.God. Wentworth Miller, where have you been all my LIFE?
Be still my beating heart.. Be still.
Yes, I've read those horrible, untrue, bad, bad rumors about him being gay and all and it's NOT TRUE and SHUTUP.

End of Digression]

*Cough* Carrying On-

"Yes, yes I'll help you with the personal statement, but really, you need to get your points down. It needs to come from within. You're 18. I can't be sitting next to you dictating each and every sentence!" And I hurriedly put the earphones back on, eager to get back to my Wentworth Viewing see what happens next on Prison Break.
"But I need you to guide me through it!"
Sighing, I took the earphone off and said solmemnly "I can only help those, who help themselves."
Dad - "Shut UP."
Me- "Haw. Rude."
Dad- "Help your brother."
Brother - *Smirk*
Me- *Mumbles* Wait for meeee Wentworth..


Case No. 3

-Ring, ring-
Me: sdfefherhfgggbxjkfnv
Mom: Mahima? You'd better be awake. It's 11.30am already.
Me: Uhh..Pfft Mom! Of course I'm up. I woke up uh...almost 2 hours back! Really, Mom. You have to learn to start trusting me.
Mom: Okay. So if you've been up all this while I'm sure you cleaned your room as I told you to just before I left..anyway I'm on my way up already.
Me: Shit.
Mom: What?
Me: Nothing. Bye!

Don't think Supergirl exists? I AM her. Who else can get a room cleaned in one minute flat. Okay it wasn't THAT clean but the point is- I rock.

Remember - It's not what you say, it's how you say it. This works extremely well for another reason - There's a sucker born every minute. :D


PS- All you self-righteous asses going 'Liar liar pants on fire.' Let me tell you I am not a liar I just....embellish the truth. Ha!
PPS- This post took like 3 hours to type because I got so distracted by all the gorgeous Wentworth pictures out there that. Gimme a break. We're all allowed hardcore celeb crushes.
Oh go away.

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Rohit did the happy dance and finally said..

Hey....coming here after a long time. Just read through the...back...posts? Whatever. Rohit Mahajan, the name on top seems a bit weird and unrecognizable.
I still have no idea why girls like guys with...umm...shiny heads. Maybe I should cut off my mop....
And do help your bro...brothers can be sooooo nice. Wait, did I really say that? Ok, no, forget that...

2:19 AM  
Blogger Rohit did the happy dance and finally said..

This is crazy, it keeps changing my name...first name or last name....*creepy*

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

mahiyu you make ya brother sound like a comple himbo,.haha

ure so the brains of ya family,..

i cant believe u completely smashed ya dad's male ego..

heeeheee,..

so now i know where grey's anatonmy's seattle hospital is located *grin*

jus wondering, why do we haf to do the word verification thingy?

meowww

12:32 PM  
Blogger Sig did the happy dance and finally said..

Jensen Ackles - Supernatural. :P

Before that...I had a teeny weeny crush on Ryan from The O.C. It's over...so is...just wait till he finishes brooding...

David Boreanez (Angel)....*drool* I SO wanted to slay him lol

Hehe...the scenario with your Mom calling...happened to me many many times :P She comes home from lunch to a quiet clean house and me sitting peacefully watching TV. And THEN proceeds to yell at me because I (still) managed to forget something :P

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

Wentworth Miller has a very pretty face, but I'd rather share a prison cell with the older brother any time.

-dreams of hanging a bedsheet over cell bars for privacy-

7:23 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

ey rohit i remember u..howve u been? well not all girls like guys with shiny tops but yup some bald men are sexy!

minku - my brother IS a himbo! but a smart one at that. oh the hospitals in seattle? cooool! uve really done your research eh ;) oh the word verification thing is to verifiy that youre human and not spamming blogs (its annoying as helll but what to do:( )

silvara - ahh jensen! hes not too bad but i find him quite androgenous looking, no? oo ryans hot too...ed from 'ed' is darrrling..zach braff! my NEWEST crush is DINO MOREA (i know im a bit late but hes sooo aaah those lips! those lips!) im going nuts here :S

jay - oh NO WAY u are telling me dominic purcell is hotter than wentworth miller. and stop stealing my fantasies (er except id rather be with wentie)!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Crashtest Comic did the happy dance and finally said..

America has 50 states you Commie!

www.crashtestcomic.com

10:58 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

ctc - hehe oops!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Raindrop did the happy dance and finally said..

Oooh, like me, you have it in you to be a spy! Exciting!

Want to start an espionage agency with me?

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Wentworth Miller IS gay. There is no denying the fact. In fact, I would not be surprised if he moved to Canada in his downhill 40s and married one of those badass ice-hockey players.

Sorry, not a very good way to start off, but it had to come out. BTW, I am UrbanPro (another anonymous blogger *sigh*), frequent at Casablanca, came here through Jups' blog. Howdy?

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Read other few entries of yours... I like your writing style. (e.g. "...Mahi at the age of *counts* 16 was a...")

4:19 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

raindrop - :O I'D LOVE TO JOIN! this is what my horoscope must have meant when it talked about 'employment opportunities' being on the rise this monday'! cool!

urbanpro - grrrrr ill believe it when i see wentworth willingly sharing some lurve with a dude. hmpf. anyway. welcome :) haha yes ive been known to type like i talk
do visit again!
*bows*

8:15 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

wait a minute. we have 51 states?

12:05 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dawn - i am but a mere mortal...i make mistakes (pfft 50...51..details!)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

actually this IS the US, so there really kinda is a 51st state - "State of Obesity"...lol

12:31 AM  
Blogger sac did the happy dance and finally said..

i think you're now ready to write a management book. ;)

and to also digress, surely 'wentworth' ranks among the top ten Names One Cannot Shout, Whisper Or Croon Sexily.

*ducks as saucepan flies past*

6:19 AM  
Blogger Mint Chutney did the happy dance and finally said..

I'm not sure what Prison Break is but I am now on a mission to find him..er..it.

8:41 AM  
Blogger chitgo did the happy dance and finally said..

hahahaha lol.
secondly, if it was 11:30am and you were still in bed- it better have been a weekend. (dC grumbles at the clock showing 9am on a tuesday morning:))

12:54 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dawn - pffft and u thought i didnt know what i was talking about! see! 51 states man :D

sac - grr. excu-u-u-u-se me...u SO can say 'wentworth' in an incredibly sexy manner (or maybe its just me moahaha) ok FINE so wentworth is kinda long..but still..remember..its not what u say, its how u say it ;) ha..saucepan..u WISH. grr.

minty- u wont regret it baby :) he..er it is definitely an acquired taste but wooo...what a taste it is.

chitgo - lol it wasnt a weekend! theres a reason why i smushed all my classes into 3 days ;) my laziness knows no bounds buddy...its all changa mate :D

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google