24 September, 2006

Oh how the mighty fall.

If you think the title of this post has something to do with an actual falling occurence, then you would be quite right.
The 'Mighty' being - Me.
The falling bit being accomplished by me too.

Once again...I blame karma (and the wet floor...and *cough* my shoes)
So the lift (okay, fine, 'elevator' pfft. ) stopped at my floor and 4 indian guys got out, absentmindedly thinking it was the first floor.
And since cheap thrills are what I live for, I smirked, thinking 'Idiots.'
(See how I like tempting Karma so much?)

We got off at the first floor..I walked ahead.

Now let's do some math:
I walk fast+ wet floor+ heels = a sure-fire recipe which results in me falling.

So yeah...to cut a long, embarassing story short- I slipped..like how people slip on banana peels? Yep. Like that.

I didn't even want to turn back to see their expressions, I just got back up, readjusted my earphones, dusted myself off and walked on.
And no, I wasn't wearing a skirt. I had jeans on.
Pervs.

*Sniff* We majestic, mighty types don't do that whole 'having-people-laugh-at-us' thing very well.
So anyway..now my lovely right leg is scarred by cuts on the ankle and knee.
But I shall wear my injuries proudly, like the fighter that I am.
(Plus I can't have jeans chafing against my knee COZ IT HURTS!!*watery sniff*)

Damn you, Karma.
DAMN YOU!

***

In other news my family and I went to watch a movie a while back and you know how I ALWAYS end up with stinky people near me??
Well this time the dude in front of my mom and I stank sky high. It was quite terrible and my Mom, being the wonderfully subtle woman that she is, went "Oh my Goddddd, Mahi, he STINKS"
I felt pretty bad for the poor guy, so the first few times she helpfully pointed the fact out, I would say "Mom. Please. Not so loud!"

And then I started getting pissed off.
I found myself wishing that this movie-watching experience would hurry up and end just so I wasn't this close to being choked with the horrid stench. There's only so long I can keep sniffing my perfumed wrist, you know.
So yes, I stopped correcting/shushing my Mom.

There HAS to be some law against body odour. There HAS TO BE!

Come ON, people.
If lazy bums like me can make the effort to shower, deoderize and perfume-ate, then why the hell can't you!?!


So..how was your weekend?

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Miss M did the happy dance and finally said..

hehehhehe. The falling in front of people, you have NO idea how many times that has happened to ME!! :S

Tripping, falling (on roads, pavements, in parties, in un while walking with frens), AND this one is the BEST- bumping into a goddam pillar while staring at a HOT model in the airport [sadly... this HAS happened :( ]..... you NAME it..and i have been there!!! Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.


And guess what, the HOT model saw me bump into that pillar!!! SUCH is the story of my life!

1:57 AM  
Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

Wet floor, you in jeans and a fall like slipping off a banana peel. So when you got up was your rear end all wet? Walking with a wet stained rear end showing in light blue jeans would be some sight =D

"Well this time the dude in front of my mom and I stank sky high"

You mean you and the dude, both stank sky high?

3:50 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

Oy! I feel for ya Ladee! I definitely do! I have fallen a number of times, not too often thank god, but I am a total tripper where I will walk, thinking I am hot and then, trip and wobble and arms stuck out awkwardly and damning the world under my breath as I try to steady myself and walk off, like nothing happened, as though I am unfazed when I wish the earth would just swallow me whole!

AAAAARRRRRRGH!

Are you sure we're not related?

3:55 AM  
Blogger Raindrop did the happy dance and finally said..

Hope the leg's doing better. Must've been nasty!

And this is funny. Apparently, one doesn't have the legal right to stink. Forgot what finally happened. http://www.dispatch.co.za/1998/01/27/foreign/STUDENT.HTM
I'm too sleepy to hyperlink. :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger sac did the happy dance and finally said..

surely some clever engineer/company out there has thought of inventing a little personal stinkometer (like a thermometer) and selling it for like £20? they'll make a bloody fortune. i mean, most people are mildly paranoid about their pongs. except, of course, the ones who actually should be!!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Hey baby,..
Cant believe your luck,..how come u always end up sittin arnd stInkoes? word of advice,..carry a perfume bottle arnd and spray it on anyone you cant stand smellin..
lol

6:28 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

medha - LOL u BUMPED INTO A PILLAR!?hahaa that must've been painful (but hilarious to watch!) cant beat my friend who SAW the pillar in front of her but still walked into it anyway :D

apoo - the jeans were dark blue :@
oh har-dee-har-har mr english professor!

miz b - EXACTLY! it ONLY happens when ure feeling your most hottest, suavest, coolest..and then comes the awkward balancing act :S im honestly starting to wonder if we are!

raindrop - leg is muuch better thank u :D nooooo! my faith in the justice system is CRUSHED. CRUSHED I tell you, CRUSHED!

sac - a stinkometer would be awesome man...even awesome-r would be one that comes in with an automatic perfume squirter that squirts perfume in the direction of the stink!
whats a pong, sac? it sounds dirty!

minku - are u nuts!! id NEVER waste my perfume on stinkers..let em get their own! oh god my poor senses are still in shock :(

11:03 AM  
Blogger chitgo did the happy dance and finally said..

hahahaha :) the slipping experiences are worse when they are pre-cursed with "dude im not drunk !, in fact YOU"re the one who's shit wasted and dru...BLAM!"

ouch. (ego and ass equally smarting)

pong is a super stench btw.

oh and, love the blog mahima:) especially some of the previous postings on old school friends; have been having some reunions of major proportions since returning to the motherland ; those brought back good memories. Im going to be doing the same soon:)

cheers!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

oooow! to your leg AND your ego!! bet that left a bruise. ;)

11:35 PM  
Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

What movie did you watch?

10:07 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

chitgo - those 'dude-im-not-drunk-you-are' instances..ohh boy do they brings back memories! eww @ pong!
thanks buddy :D looking fwd to checking out ure posts on the reunions..blogrolling u!

dawn - trust me babe..the bruise to my ego was waaay more painful :(

megha - lage raho munnabhai :D it was a blast!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

I've fallen on my ass in a nightclub.. it doesn't get any more mortifying than that..

one moment it's "im too sexy for tube top and jeans" and next minute it's "im okay..im okay.."

Im laughing, mahi, but know that Im laughing WITH you, not AT you... *snigger*

Stinky people must be given restricted access. they should all hang out together in their own dirty melange of garlicy-sweaty airs. Just don't come near my french-perfumed self..ya know?
You don't even have to be NEAR some of these people to get shafted by their rank odours!

11:31 AM  
Blogger exclusively_me did the happy dance and finally said..

omg mahi...do all stinky ppl have some kinda personal grudge against u or what..?
btw how r the bruises healing..?
:)

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google