25 February, 2007

Dude Looks Like Doctor.

When my mom first talked to my brother about taking up medicine as a profession, he seemed really unsure.

"But Mom..sometimes my hand shakes..like this - *Held out hand and twitched it slightly*- What if I'm in a surgery and I slice open an artery?? I'll get sued for malpractice!"

My mom told this to my genial, jolly doctor who chuckled and said "Tell him to become a gynecologist..the women will love him."
They burst out laughing and I..I, of course, tuned out and went to a happier, less traumatizing place.

Anyway Point Is - My brother got accepted into medicine!
(The Uni name and stuff will be kept under wraps for now)

It's heartening to know that good looks AND brains run in the family.
Heh heh heh heh hehhhh

So just as I start to think "Wow..my brother's pretty brainy...who knew?", I get this call from him -

Bro - Eh...Guess what? I got into an accident
Mahi - What!?!!?

This accident took place in Dubai, where he stopped over, on his way to the interview place. Apparently he went on his 'Desert Safari' thingie where you get to ride dune buggies in the desert. Carrying on..

Mahi - What!?!!? What happened??
Bro - I was riding the dune buggy right, and I crashed into a small tree. Now I've got scratches on my face (this is a big deal to him..he can give Derek Zoolander a run for his money) and a small burn.
Mahi - ....Let me get this straight. 1 day before your important interview, you decide to drive a vehicle you've never driven before...
Bro - Huh huh huh huh (that's how he laughs)
Mahi - ......you also manage to find a TREE in the middle of the desert to bump into!?!?
Bro - Huh huh huh I was trying to avoid a sand bump!
Mahi - Idiot! Its a desert!! What did you expect to find there?? Water? So to avoid it you bump into a tree?! Possibly the only tree in the entire desert?
Bro - Huh huh huh huh yeah..


So...he gets to become a doctor..but he's nutty enough to find a tree to bump into.
In the middle of the desert.

Good Grief.


Oh, oh Medha just reminded me!
Before my brother went for his interviews he would bug me to coach him.
And me being the giving, gracious person that I am, I would oblige (and then inform him that he owed me. Big Time.)
One of the questions I asked him "If you were to resettle on Mars, what are 3 things that you would bring along with you?" (I swear..this was a question that had been asked before)
Bro - I would bring a never-ending supply of oxygen. A steady supply of water...
Me - ...and?
Bro - A woman. To repopulate Mars. Huh huh huh huh huh huh huh

Good looks AND Brains run in the family?
Add 'A sense of humor' to that list ;)
hehe

Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Awesome!
Congrats to your brother yaar!! :)

So all the mock interview sessions he had with you did pay off!! :D

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

ahhhhhhhhh shittt...
jus missed bein the first one to write in...
niwaeeeeeeee CONGRATULATIONS MAHI!!

HERE COMES AN EVERLASTING SUPPLY of MCs and free consultation...WooHOOo!

8:19 PM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

Wowsie!!! Congratulations to your bro!! Bet you have a ear-to-ear grin :D Incidentally, that finally gives us something to have in common... my younger bro's also training to be a doc :D

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

kewl! congrats to ur bro! does he like to watch grey's anatomy? heez.. and hey he applied with his prelim results? and doing medicine is something... next 5 years and over will be an interesting ride for him.. life jus starts now.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Renovatio did the happy dance and finally said..

Congrats to the brother... accidents happen, I feel for the guy right now...

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

congrats Mahi's brother-person!

nAL

3:27 PM  
Blogger Abhinav Sharma did the happy dance and finally said..

medicine is tough! i was consistently told that i should try becoming a doc like my dad.. instead, i took up engineering and ended up doing none of these two and into finance!

by the way, my Rao colleague has flown down to Bangalore. While he maintains it has got nothing to do, I expect he comes back with a ring on his finger and a pic of his fiancee in his wallet. It is soon becoming like this, what's left is the bad guys and good ones are all taken! good luck

~abhinav/tetra

4:00 PM  
Blogger Aditya Abburi did the happy dance and finally said..

congrats to your brother!! love the repopulate mars thing he said. i wouldv'e probably said the exact same words!!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Scritch did the happy dance and finally said..

at least your bro will grow up to become a doctor with a sense of humor.

But I must say, as a gynecologist that just wont fly

6:20 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

medha - lol it sure did! thanks for reminding me :D

minku - i know! woohooo :D

dewdropdream - ehh talk about coincidences eh?? ure mom must be thrilled and grin-ny too right

faith - hahah yes he does! he wanted to list greys anatomy as one of his inspirations..i suggested that it wasnt such a great idea :P

renovatio - lol..hes such a dumbass sometimes

nal - thankee!

abhinav - woah finance :S from engrg? how did that happen..
what's left is the bad guys and good ones are all taken
NOT HELPINGGGGGGG! *scowls*
bah. u tell that rao what he missed!!!

aditya - lol..dirty minded men.

scritch - tell me abt it! im just glad my family doc didnt become a gynec..with a sense of humor like that..i can imagine some MIGHTY uncomfortable situations arising!

11:41 PM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

Well actually that's my first cousin I was talking about... and his journalist mum is definitely proud... he's in his thrid year of med school now and is always brimming with tales of med school.. he was appointed the college mag editor and borught out one named 'Splat'... talk about sense of humour

1:09 AM  
Blogger Abhinav Sharma did the happy dance and finally said..

well Mr Rao is back and without the engagement ring and no fiancee pics as well. So, you can still fancy your chances.
And finance from engg.. well, it didn't happen because i loved finance, it was more so because I didn't like engg. I eliminated all waste options and latched on to management and then, finance! life is all about such arbit decisions!

12:53 PM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

awwww!!! i always wished i had a brother...now i have like....a whole pot full of them.. in-laws i should say.. but fun anyways!!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown did the happy dance and finally said..

How come my comment is not there!! ARGHHH

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

maybe ur bro will deliver ur baby..if he chooses to study gynae.. maybe 2nd or 3rd baby..since it takes many years b4 one can become a gynae proper and i don't think u'll take that long to hv your first child rite...?

5:50 PM  
Blogger 4wD did the happy dance and finally said..

Nice. Now you don't have to pay the doc anymore :) Free medicine for you and your family, from the hospital stores. What sort of doc is he going to be?

9:20 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dewdrop - hahahaha 'splat' thats awesome! talk abt a sense of humor :P

abhinav- oh nono..mahi's done with the heartbreak. tell that dude im over him. ;P

grafx - i have a feel bro-in-laws are a lot more fun than normal bros...for one thing they have to be nice...its like the law or smthg..bros can get away with being jackasses!

jups - try until u succeed!!! :D

faith- now while that is really a sweet thought (bro delivering my baby), theres no way in hell im ever going to let myself be seen by my bro, in that state :P EVER.
sweet thought tho!

ninja - no idea dude...i keep telling him to go into plastic surgery..that way i can have my rhinoplasty done fo free :D

10:21 PM  
Blogger Abhinav Sharma did the happy dance and finally said..

hehe ok ok. he is also over u now ;-)

my singapore plans r haywire as of now. lets see what finally transpires.

talking of docs, i somehow dont like the smell of the hospitals. there is a peculiar smell in there. I was poor at drawing . my hearts look very similar to liver/kidney/some similar stuff). No wonder i strayed away from that profession at a very early age!

~abhinav/tetra

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

congrats ....another one bites the needle ..hehehe

2:06 PM  
Blogger surbhi seth did the happy dance and finally said..

Your lil bro Tejas got into MED SCHOOL?!!!!!!!!!
I'm not shocked because I now see that he's brainy... but becoz I remember that tiny tot.. who wouldn't stop running around the place causing total ruckus is now on his way to become a Doctor!!! Wow... we're growing a lil' too fast... don't you think?!
PS: I've always said your family would earn great ratings if you were to have a 'The Raos' reality show!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

abhinav - its cool.dont worry too much abt the drawing it takes practice :)

pooh - lol!

surbhi - haha i know..i cant imagine that little tyke (well..not so little now) being all grown up and doctor-y!
:D dude like i said! send those tv guys my way, if u know any!

10:12 PM  
Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

Is your brother my sister? No. Really.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google