04 October, 2006

The many faces of Mahi and then some..

Aaaalritey people it's been a slow week. Between having naughty dreams, lusting after my lecturer (having naughty lusty dreams about my lecturer?), getting pooped out by my screwed up-built-on-a-hill uni and slipping and falling, nothing else has really been happening..
Sooo..this means- PHOTOS!

Note- These pics span a long period of time and are chronologically ordered..there's a kiddy one and there are ones from about 2 years back till now. Everything else in between is termed what I now call 'The Ugly Years'..so don't expect to see those pictures anytime soon.



This is about the time when the ugly years began (as you can tell). In case you were wondering- Yes. That is me in the blue tee shirt and yep that's my brother (who incidentally was ADORABLE)
Shit. I was an ugly kid. Gangly legs, awful AWFUL haircut, non-protuding bunny teeth and all.


Thank GOD thing have changed since then. My brother can't smile normally at a camera (think 'Chandler' from 'Friends') anymore, he's too tall for me to pulverize and my bunny teeth are now considered oddly charming. According to who? According to ME, biatch.
Oh stuff it.
(Btw this pic was taken just before we left for a friend's wedding. We really don't dress like this everyday. Honest.)


Hi Eliiiise! *waves* This is Elise and I in 2004 when we were auditioning for the first season of 'Singapore Idol' (don't ask me why it's not 'SingaporEAN Idol').
Anyway if you're thinking "Hmm..Mahima doesn't seem her usual sparkly self" then you're pereception is spot on. Not only did we camp overnight (and NOT get any sleep) and go without food for 16 hours, but we got caught in a fucking rainstorm. Can you believe that? Talk about bad omens. So yea..in this pic I'm just about drying off, stinky, sleep-deprived and hungry. Oh and I didn't make it through the auditions.
*Mahi flips a bird at the producers*


This is me on my 21st birthday, advertising a can of 'lemon tea'. Don't ask.
Yes the t shirt does read 'Roar' and before the fashion-nazi of you shoot me down, lemme clarify - I got it FREE when I went to watch a Singapore football match (Singapore lost. Does it matter to whom?)


Prema took a lovely set of black and whites and Kelso was around, so I thought 'Hey why not?' I'm actually telling him to look at the camera- "Kelso! Look! Look you stupid dog, look!" And he STILL didn't look straight at it. Aren't his ickle paws just about the CUTEST you've ever seen??
Also, I hope you now believe me when I whine about my bent nose.


Now I'm not to repeat pictures but I can't help myself :D Ladies..you get what I'm saying, aye? Hee hee hee.


This was taken when Dev came down to visit. This is at Equinox which is on the 70th (or is it 77th) floor. Whatever it is..it's waaaaay up there. They serve fabulous Singapore Slings too! Yes I know we're such tourists, Arpeeta and I, complete with cameras and plastic bags around!


L-R: Roohi, Me, Kunal (Arpeeta's brother) and Sashi *waves*. This was at Sashi's birthday party (Fab party btw) and that's me holding a strawberry margharita that I emotionally blackmailed Kunal into buying for me. Don't ask me for tips.
For some odd reason that night, people kept walking into me..and I don't even mean it in a pervy way! So I turned to Kunal and said "What's wrong with everyone, suddenly? Every other person is bumping into me..am I that invisible?" To which the normally innocent and decent Kunal answered "It's coz you're bumpable."
Jaw drop-->raised eyebrow-->stunned silence-->grin followed by "Ooh Naughty Kunal!"


Mum LOVES this picture. Why? Let's just say it is used during 'transactions that are matrimonial in nature' . *Shrugs* As long as I look decent in it. Although now that I look at it..my head seems huge. Ah crap.


That's me in Melbourne, just a few months back, drinking a 'Japanese Slipper'. It's blissfully deeee-lishus and goes down smoothly. Not at all as stinky as the name suggests.


View from the airplane on my way back to Singapore after the Melbourne trip. The view was mindblowing..like skimming over a very fluffy woollen blanket that went on for miles and miles.
Fucking wing seat.


How can you NOT love a face like that? This is Kelso after a trim..looking all suave and spiffy.


The Lovely Parents. Once again this pic was taken during a wedding (not theirs). We've got this photo and another one of them - black and white, taken exactly 23 years back, the two of them in a park, facing each other but squinting coz it was so sunny.
My dad wistfully looks at the two pics that are now side-by-side and sighs 'Hair today...gone tomorrow'. :D


This is a piece I did a few weeks back..it's called 'More'. Medium used - pencil on white paper.To find out more, go here

Well I'm off to bed, coz I'm plum tuckered out. Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

Take care all and have a great week ahead.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Miss M did the happy dance and finally said..

Having naughty lusty dreams about your lecturer AND Dino Morea.. HOW COULD we forget him?? ;)

Damn nice pics!! My fav one is the one you took on your 21st bday! :) And also the black and white one! hehe.

:)

1:00 AM  
Blogger sac did the happy dance and finally said..

hey, cool pics. it's like a Mahi-101 in five minutes.
and who's that in the pencil sketch - hrithik? har har.
but seriously - nice work.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

I LOVED this post sweet Ladee Mahi! And I so can relate to the ugly years! In mine, skinny, gangly, pimply, wide-nosed, frizzed out hair with a fucking bow stuck in it somewhere was the order of the day... I cannot believe I actually left the house like that! Someone shoot me!

and yep, Kelso is a little beauty!

Hope you are enjoying a beautiful week my beautiful friend who so does not have a bent nose!!!!

11:01 AM  
Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

Elise have a phone number?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Alternate Vision did the happy dance and finally said..

love the black and white of u and kelso..

11:52 AM  
Blogger chitgo did the happy dance and finally said..

!!! love the pictures! a great snapshot (albeit randomly organized) from across generations :)
what i love more though is that a large percentage of your pictures are accompanied by a drink of choice....that just makes me happy and content in the knowledge of fellow alcoho..ummm social drinkers...:)
cheers!
p.s black and white pics rule beyond comprehension.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

medha - *squeals* dinoooooooooooooooooooooooo :D hehe in the close up of the lemon tea pic i look positively eeevil!

sac - u DARE make fun of that gorgeous man? U DARE!? lets take this outside :@ ive got a few more picture posts in the archives..check em out!

miz b - *gasp*! its like we could have been TWINS or smthg! i was so the poster girl for bad skin *shudder*
i do have a bent nose!! i do i do! i have spent HOURS analysing it and it is bent for sure!

apoo - yes she does. almost everyone in singapore, believe it or not, has a phone number. we are quite advanced that way. :P

surya - thank u :) that pic is definitely a keeper

chitgo - :O you're RIGHT... ive got a drink in my hand in almost every other picture. oh yes yes definitely a social drinker here..:D or any other opportunity that i get to drink- its all changa! ive always said black and whites have tons more personality :)

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

had u left the first pic out, no one would know that you had a sex change.

childing aside ... mum's adorable, dad, kelso and bro come a close second (i wont rate you coz of that sex change ... yes, i'm biased)

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

hey babe..u and ur mom look soo alike!!!haha..anyway the one with the lemon tea can is the best...and the one with the pic frame as well..hehe

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Dear Mahima,
whenever you post an entry i make sure to read it and i must admit they make interesting reading.Your pictures are fabulous and don't worry about your bent nose.Continue your posts.
jenny

5:32 PM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

Dear Dear Mahi...

Its always such a great pleasure to visit your blog. Fabulous pics really. And please, do not go about worrying about your bent nose, no one would notice it for your other attributes... namely how great you look and what great attitude you have :) i loved the black and white pic and the one of your parents... you look very much like your mum!!! say btw, suggestion, tell your mum to use your black and white pic for any 'matrimonial transactions' ... should work way better :) oh btw... your bro reminds me of mine :)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

abhi - i hate you, you know that right :P some people were tomboys and some weren't. i bet u were a tomgirl when you were a kid.

rooohi - of COURSE the picture frame one rocked :P

jenny - thank u babe :) u should comment more often, you're nice, i like you :D

dewdrop - aww thank u -hug- yup a lot of people tell me i look like a mom (which isnt too bad coz i think she's hot..which means i know whats in store for me :D) lol the black and white one for matrimonial transactions? oye i want the guys looking at me, not my dog!!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Arthur Quiller Couch did the happy dance and finally said..

Equinox is 77th floor, I think.
Your mom is kind of hot (heh!)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

Thank god you're pretty, mahi - ugly people would NOT have gotten away with a vain post like that.

Your dog reminds me of Murray, that cute but dumb collie from Mad About You.

And I think in his youth your Dad must've been quite a stud.

PS Do a post on your (failed)Singapore Idol audition. -channels Simon Cowell- "You look like a magician's assistant. No no no no no. Absolutely not."

8:17 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

arthur - welcome! lol..my dad would agree with you..and then punch you! :D

jay - LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
i dont know whats so vain about it! *splutter* its just a buncha photos..i dont even look THAT hot in most of them
*chuckle*
i never watched 'mad about you' coz IT WAS WAY BEFORE MY TIME.
oh dad was stud. you should see how proudly he puffs up his chest when he talks about how people used to mistake him for a bollywood actor.
hahahaah ud just be disappointed with my s'pore idol post..it was a huge anticlimax..no let downs no nothing..oh and i HATE YOU btw! SHOO!
(kidding u know i adore you, you murderous, whiney, vain, jealous peacock) :P

8:22 PM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi..

I doubt tere are many guys who'd notice the dog... if one did, you'd know for sure that he's droppable material... seriously... there's something wrong with a guy who looks at the dog and not the gal!! :D no offense to Kelso's cuteness.. but i personally think the photo's still a great filter for your suitors!!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Very nice pics! Kudos. You share a striking resemblence to your mommy. (But natural, of course)

4:40 AM  
Blogger Scritch did the happy dance and finally said..

hey nice pictures out of the plane i tried drawing that in my journal once. apparently its illegal to take pictures over the Indian continent on a plane

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google