05 May, 2006

*Tap..Tap* I should've had more fun today..Oh Well- Pictures!

My exams are over.
Yay!

Okay this is super messed up, but on the last day of the exams I was meant to have have cheered and day-dreamed about my Aussie trip and gone out for dinner and maybe drinks and partied the night away.

Instead what I did do was walk down to the 'New Zealand Ice Cream' shop at my uni, get ditched for Dinner (Thanks alot Kutti Mink.), get me a Berries of the Forest (or something like..whatever..I'm so addicted to it) Sorbet, head back home, checked my mail..watched TV, checked my mail, played with my dog, had an hour long talk with Dad regarding The Future And How I Was Not Doing The Best That I Was Capable Of Doing Because I Really Am Quite Intelligent But Extremely Lazy.
So the conversation ended with an uncharacteristic uneasiness inside of me.
Dammit I hate dissonance! I hate it with a vengeance.

Its also really frustrating when you check your mail and all you have is Hotmail telling you that your account size has increased. Delete. Thank you for that Hotmail, hopped onto the bandwagon a little late didn't we. Tell you what Hotmail; I'll hang onto my Gmail Account anyway..But really. Keep up the good work.

No I'm not PMS-ing.
And even if I were, the above are still good excuses to whine.

On the other hand..I am feeling a little uplifted thinking about how my friends are actually looking forward to me visiting Australia (Yes, they are and No, I'm not delusional, dammit!)

I'll be going in June for about 3 weeks..Last year was such a blast it would've been a travesty not to do it again!
So here's a small pictoral trip down memory lane...



This was at Flinder's Street Station. There's a bus there that says "Melbourne" many times over, in case you happen to forget where you are. Seriously though the station looks lovely and I think there's a story about how the designs for this station and the design for another station in India got mixed up (designed by the same guy), hence Flinder's St Station has a supposedly Indian look about it. If I'm wrong please send all blame mail to Arpu. She told me the story.

This pic might look familiar..t'was my old profile picture..anyway there's me, Dev and Siddhart (Dev's friend). Arpu you capture my left profile so well! This was at a pub we visited after we went salsa dancing. So there we were, tired, happy, hungry and drinking...

And here's the moral of the story.
Don't Drink on an Empty Stomach. Especially not when there's a camera around to capture stuff that you do. Thank you Dev. You capture my moustache profile so well!
Hey..don't look at me. Some guy's are into this sorta thing *shrugs*


This was where I had my little pant debacle. If you're ever at Fitzroy street, PLEASE do yourself a favour and visit 'Monroe's'. Their dessert is OUT of this WORLD. Best sticky date pudding I ever had. Also the ghost images in this pic are SO COOL. I was telling the waiter how to click ("JUST HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN!") He STILL didn't get the technique quite right but hey..makes for a cool pic!


Okay So Arpu and I were in the city, really bored. So we came across this place - The Immigration Museum.
Mm'kay.
No. Not going inside. I'd rather spend that money on drinks.
"Arpu just take a pic of me outside the museum. At least I can show my parents that I did something educational."



I love this pic! It has such a nice monochrome tone to it..it's the colours! Anyway that's Arpu, Me and Dev's brother Ravi (who, by the way, plays bass guitar in a band called 'Skybombers' they're relatively new and not on radio yet..I think.. but they're on myspace.com so check 'em out!) in the city.


This is the BEST. This was when we had all driven down to see the 12 Apostles..seriously people...look up breath-taking in the dictionary and you'll see the 12 Apostles. One of the most amazing sights you'll ever see. I went mad with joy there (this involved a lot of running and jumping and laughing and squealing..which under normal circumstances you will not see me do a lot of..well except the laughing bit.) This pic is a keeper!


AAh there's so much more but blogger's picture uploading tool is such a bitch and I can't be arsed to sit and wait for this to load. Maybe later..

But I am a lot more cheered up now, thanks! =D


Take care guys and have an awesome weekend!
-Muah-

Labels: ,

29 Comments:

Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

hugs!..nowIIIIIIIIII need to feel better!!!

1:18 AM  
Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

*HUG*......chalu-sistah....talk about uneasiness...its a given if youre 22 I guess...BUT screw all that.

Go have the funnessttttt time ever in Australia! Preferably with loads of alcohol!...:D

2:03 AM  
Blogger Aditya Abburi did the happy dance and finally said..

I cant wait to finish my thesis now!! I'll be going to New Zealand towards the end of June/early July for about a month!!

great pics btw!

2:17 AM  
Blogger surbhi seth did the happy dance and finally said..

Yay!! Someone's going to Aussie Land!!! Wish I could join y'all... but I'll settle for Canada.. when? Next weekend!!!:) For how long? Just the weekend!:( *sigh*
Iight mate... back to work!

3:32 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

grafx - why do uuuu need to feel better, woman?!

megha - yea man..i woke up this morning woke with a headache..bah! dad and his talks...right after my exams are over, at that! oh yesss there will be fun and there will be even more alcohol! teehee can't waaait!!!!!

aditya - thats awesome! ive never been to NZ before do you have friends/relatives there? thank u!

surbhi - canada eh! niiice are u going to see shruti?? tell her i said hello! hey sometimes the weekend is all you need babe! have loads of fun!

11:04 AM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

sniff....*wads her nose up*

11:45 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith did the happy dance and finally said..

Hey, pretty lady...you're looking mighty fab in those pics!

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

hey mahi! lovely entry! i cant wait till u come so we can party to dawn...but im sure u have SOMETHING TO DO in your spare time...like maybe start watching those BSG shows i gave ya?? or if u really wanna kill time, DOWNLAOD seasons 1 to 5 of "24"...now thats a kick ass show!

and dont worry, plenty of pitcuresque photos to add soon!

9:58 PM  
Blogger s did the happy dance and finally said..

i've been reading your blog for a while. esp love your observations the indian uncle & aunty community !

This might be purely co-incidental of course, but I noticed that most of your pics feature your left profile more prominently than the right. Is that something you do consciously?

I ask because I've always thought my right profile sucked and therefore do the exact same thing o_0

12:02 AM  
Blogger Aditya Abburi did the happy dance and finally said..

my brother lives there, havent seen him 3 years!!! time for me to go and visit

6:16 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

grafx - oh no oh no!! was it something i said?!

hehe thank you smithy! i thought the moustache totally bought out the colour of my eyes =D

my my dev! that comment was so nice! so uncharacteristically nice! was it nice out of fear? or was it because of the blackmail? :P
yes devvv i will watch BSG..
cant wait man ..cant bloody WAIT!

sirisha - LOL!
haha actually sirisha the thing is, my nose is bent slightly towards the left (had a fall when i was a baby) so yes..my left profile looks a MILLION times better than my right..whats your excuse for the left profile?? hey do visit again!

aditya - haha u should!

11:01 AM  
Blogger s did the happy dance and finally said..

Well as for me, quite a few things are wrong with the right side of my face. The hairline's weird and the bone at my right temple's shaped different from the left one. Even my eyebrows aren't exactly the same shape (the left one's way better), though threading helps remedy this somewhat.

Actually many people say they can't tell the difference, but to me it's so glaringly obvious, I just think they're being nice or something!

And I'll definitely be visiting again. In fact I'm going to link you, if you don't mind :)

12:41 PM  
Blogger 4wD did the happy dance and finally said..

My daddy went to australia once. He brought back Kangaroo Jerky :) I ate it.

Don't get in trouble with any Kangaroos there. Remember, all they are is big rats.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown did the happy dance and finally said..

omg totally cute pics!

2:14 AM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

aiyaah no !! lol i am all beter nowwwwwwww

2:17 PM  
Blogger surbhi seth did the happy dance and finally said..

Thanks Mahi!
I'm actually going to Ottawa, so I won't be able to meet up with Shruti!:(

9:01 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

Beautiful pictures sweet Ladee Mahi! Makes me sooo wanna go to Australia! I actually wanted to move there but then I found out that tarantula sized spiders are normal there and so...

No thank you!

HAVE FUN!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

sirisha..woman i have seen ure flickr picks and i dont know why ure paranoid about taking pix :S ure bloody gorgeous! and idont mind at all! thank u =D

4wd - eeeeew kangaroo jerky..thats disgusting!!! you ANIMAL!

jups dahlink i am totally LOVING the new display pic! *sssssssmokin'*

grafx :S woman i am starting to WORRY.

miz b - oh you should ggooooo and the tarantulas arent around like EVERYWHERE...just check ure sheets every night and ure fine =D

10:39 PM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

Nice moosh Mahi !
*AIYAAH* is THAT what you go to the threading lady for!?!?!?*

RUns away very fast*

meahaha!! as you can see i am back to my pesky self again!!just had Ye Olde' tiff with the immediate ancestors thats all.
;)

1:17 AM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

@ Wannabepunkster - please to be FEEDING your picture some food!?!?

1:18 AM  
Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

LOL @ grafxgurl: hahahahahahahaha!
my pikchaar has changed.:D

I look more fed, no?

9:24 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

grafxxxxx u cowwwwww its for my EYEBROWS!!! GRRR
aye caramba i GOTTA update soon..no more threading posts!!lol
hope everything is good at the family front,grafx!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Casablanca did the happy dance and finally said..

Nice nice! Visiting friends is always nice. Tis a good idea. Now all I need to do is chase some of my friends out of Singapore, and then I can have similar posts.

Okay, where do I start?
*runs after the Jupiter*

10:58 AM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

@ wannabepunkster - yes now the picture looks less malnutritioned and MUCH prettier!

@ mahi - MOOOO!!?!?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown did the happy dance and finally said..

Ah merci merci.. Pliss note the white stick in mouth is Lollipop not cigarette... Yes me is the good girl.. ;)

@Casa- What is this? dropping random hints in other peepal's blogs? :P

5:36 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

oooh, I'm jealous! I'd love to go to Australia someday - however the thought of a flight that long scares me - because I just know that if there's any kids on the plane, they'd be right behind me, kicking my seat the whole damn flight!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

I wish I wasn't anonymous. I'd love to be as vain as you on my own blog.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

casa - ooh! plans are abound let us know what happens =D

grafx i think youre going mad :S

jups jups i didnt ask :P (guilty conscience hawww)

dawn - oh my..ure right the US and Aus are literally at ooposite ends! and yea..whatever can go wrong, will go wrong eh? just make sure u get the emergency exit seats..theyve got SOOO much leg space!

there, there jay...i know....i know...be strong...
=D

10:17 AM  
Blogger Sig did the happy dance and finally said..

G'Day - first time visiting but loved ur outlook on my beautiful home. Actually I love your blog full stop. So much I spent an entire afternoon reading it without a thought to the assignment I have waiting for me that is due 2moro...ahhh...the power of procrastination :P Great stuff and I know Melbourne would love to have u here again as much as you would.

- Silvara

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google