01 September, 2005

How does that Song go?

I'm sure this has happened to every single one of you.
Listen to a song, and you get transported to a particular time, to a certain place, a memory that seems not so distant..

Here's a few songs that instantly take me down memory lane =)


Michael Buble - Home
In Melbourne, in the car with Arpu, Sheetal, Junior, Ravi and Dev ..driving back to Arpu's apartment after a long drunken night. I wanted to stay there so much, that it hurt. I guess they felt like home. Bliss tinged with the sad realisation that it won't last forever. But bliss nonethless!

Switchfoot - Dare You to Move
Me wondering what X was going to do now that he knew. Back off or come back for more?

Matt Pond - Champagne Supernova
Rishi and I singing this at the top of our lungs, with the rest of the gang sitting at the back and groaning, having given up telling us to 'SHUT IT!!'. But we were feeling the song man!

Maroon 5 - She Will be Loved
I get sad everytime I listen to this song. Coz I think "Really?Will she?" And coz I know, chances are pretty low that a guy will ever spend everyday, out on my corner, in the pouring rain..unless he's a stalker....which suddenly makes the song sound worrying. haha!
But seriously...'The girl with the Broken Smile'..how heartbreaking is that?

Jewel - Break Me
Daniel and I in the art room, him telling me to sing this song.
"Mahi, if I were straight, I'd have gone for you in a heartbeat."

James Blunt - You're Beautiful
Mom yells at me for singing this song 24/7. And the next morning I hear her singing it while cooking.

Incubus - I Miss You/Echo
Remembering a certain someone who got me hooked onto Incubus (and him). Remembering him telling me "We love each other. Like how one child loves another." Knowing that sometimes it'll be like it was, but mostly it won't.

Hans Zimmerman - Nyah
While watching MI 2, I remember thinking that this was the sexiest piece of music, ever.
I still think it is.

Def Tones - Change
I heard this while watching 'The Queen of the Damned'. I remember thinking to myself 'They bastardized the novel, but damn do they have good taste in music!' Maybe it had something to do with the image of a vampirised Stuart Townsend, in a tub filled with rose petals on water.
Maybe. *Takes a moment to compose herself*

Britney Spears - Baby, One More Time
The image of my art teacher prancing, in his extra tight pants and shaking his booty to this song, will forever be seared into my brain. Such things should not be witnessed by impressionable and relatively clean minds.

Chicane - No Ordinary Morning
My art teacher (the same one) telling me that this was one of his favourite songs. For the duration of one beautiful song, we had a silent truce and something passed between us. We both came to a quiet realisation that as much as we hated each others guts, we'd miss one other when I would have to leave. I created one of our favourite pieces whilst listening to this song.
Maybe I'll post it up soon.



Oh gosh..there are LOADS more..but they're private.


You know how that song goes.. ;)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

yeah..ever been through life, and there are certain moments, when you feel a particular song running through your head, like soundtrack to the cinema that is your life ? and the songs mingle with the thoughts in your brain, add to the mood, and contribute to your decisions ?
or am i just crazy, with voices in my head ?

12:37 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

tragic - totally mate! 'dakota' by the stereophonics is one of those songs, for me.
if those are voices in your head then i seem to have the same ones too ;)

12:50 AM  
Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

I've not read Queen of the Damned, but I'm sure NO book could've been that bad. God it was bloody awful.

5:03 AM  
Blogger AJ did the happy dance and finally said..

Switch foot ~ dare you to move...
The last song my ex left me with. Its so beautiful but so tragic. Thanks for reminding me. Browsed over via Drops of Jupiter Btw

12:19 PM  
Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

Matt Pond - Champagne Supernova. Just curious, is it the same one sung by Oasis?

1:38 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

jay - you're right, the novel wasnt awful..in fact the novel had NOTHING to do with what u saw in the movie (except for the character names, and the fact that it was about vampires).

androjane- hi! welcome ..i know..the song is so heartbreaking..'dare you to move, like today never happened'. wow..how can it NOT touch you?
do come by again! =)

apoo - yup same one..but unlike most covers, i feel this one was better than the original..

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Wow...beautiful, smart, artistic, good taste in music(something I am absolutly passionate abt!)...if only u liked soccer, thn I would propose!!;)...

N I dont see why a guy wouldnt spend everyday out on ur corner in the pouring rain for u...???...jus use a umbrella!? ;p

Love the music choice dear...

10:58 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

rajesh - oh now i'm just blushing! =P
haha unfortunately (or fortunately) for you, i HATE watching soccer.
rajesh...if i saw a guy spending everyday out on my corner in the rain, i wouldn't blow him a kiss.
i'd call the cops.

i know...i know..i'm such a romantic.
hyuk hyuk

11:06 PM  
Blogger Mint Chutney did the happy dance and finally said..

"Knowing that sometimes it'll be like it was, but mostly it won't."


YES!

Do you mind if I do a similar post?

11:49 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

minty - go ahead! =D

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

and what about "sitting waiting and wishing" and what about "more than words??"

i know the exact feeling mahi and i totally agree. i am a sucker for a good song, it has the power to move me in the right (and wrong) directions!

that's the amazing part about music. it is a quisessential trigger that allows us to be transported to a certain memory based on our hearing sense.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Ya...sooooo romantic...Just whn i tot i had a chance...who am i kidding...to think i...nvm!
*mumble grumble*
*Throws a brand new umbrella in the trash*
*mumble grumble*

;P

3:32 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dev - u know this is prob gonna piss off a lot of your 'fan club' members, but i remember u quite often everytime i listen to music..and tts simply coz u've sent me alot alot of great songs! =D thanks mate!

rajesh - there there! im sure there are many more corners for u to wait at =D so many corners! so little time!

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Gee thanks!...its not enuf that my only off day this wk was spent being stood up by not 1 but 2 gals!(One lunch appointment n another dinner)...now i get turned away from ur corner too... :/

Is it me or does it seem like lovely women tend to avoid me???....

No wonder I'm socially lifeless... :(

*starts humming the tune to "I started a joke"*

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google