13 August, 2005

Rules of Attraction

Ok Class, today's discussion is about "What gets one person attracted to another, and why."
And since this is MY blog, we'll talk about me.

Now I know I prattle about eye candy and hot young things, but I've never thought of myself as being shallow as such. My friends who've seen my taste in men can vouch for that..I've fallen for some really awful (in THEIR eyes) looking types. Then again, I've fallen for real assholes too. But I reckon I'm a better person for it, and I've learnt what's good for me, what's not and what I really need.


So lets see what 'flicks my switch' =P (in no particular order)

1)Intelligence- This is the most important. If you can't make long, comfortable conversation with me, then chances are you'll find me less and less eager to talk to you. And that doesn't bode well. This isnt a cliche, a way to a woman's heart (or at least this woman's heart) is through her mind. And yes, I do have one.

2) Cheekiness/A dirty mind - Make me giggle like a schoolgirl. I enjoy it =) Drive me mad, I enjoy that even more. Get me angry every now and then. It spices things up. (I should mention this - these dirty jokes or whatever have to be in good taste..and don't act like you have no idea what I'm talking about.)

3)Make me smile - This one's absolutely completely essential. I don't like boring people. If you can't take/crack a joke, then I'll bolt, simply because I can't stand people who are anal about every. little. thing. Between you and me, when I have no choice BUT to be in their company, I often start zoning out and I start to imagine myself hurting them. Badly. If you make me laugh, that's about a 1000 brownie points. See, I'm so terribly easy to please.

4) Show me that I'm needed - How hard could this be? Be a macho man, do what you have to do, but don't make me feel like you can do without me..what the point then, right?

5) Have a brain - A lot of people are going to hate me for this, but here goes - you need to be as book smart (if not more) as me. Yes..sorry but that's the honest-to-God truth. I need to be impressed. I need to know there's a chance in hell that I'll have smart kids. But more importantly, I need to look upon you as an intellectual equal. THERE. I'VE SAID IT.

6) Be my friend - This more or less speaks for itself. Of course, we'll be friends with special perks. =P We don't always have to hold hands/ grope each other/ wear matching outfits. We can sit down, indulge in mindless banter and play a game of Monopoly, every now and then.

7)Passion and Attraction - Feel free to disagree, but to me one always precedes the other. I need to be attracted to you, at least at a VERY minimal level. If I can't see myself being with you, then no-go. It's a deal maker/breaker. Having said that, I also believe that a person can grow on you.

8) Approval - My friends need to like you, but more importantly my parents need to love you. You'll have to spend holidays/ festivals/ special occaisons, in their company. First impressions DO matter. To all of us. Don't even try to deny it. So you'd better look presentable for them :P

9) Appreciation - You don't have to be a fab cook, I'm there to do that..just make sure you tell me I'm awesome. Coz I'm vain. I need to hear that sorta stuff every now and then. If I look good, then tell me. You will be rewarded. ;)

10) Lastly, don't EVER make me feel dumb. Not unless you want to be mortally wounded.



Check, check aaand check.
Ok, I'm done making myself sound like I have a line of men waiting outside my door for my hand in marriage.

Your turn
=)

27 Comments:

Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

1. Check
2. Check
3. Check
4. Check
5. Check
6. Check
7. Check
8. Check
9. Check
10. Check

Oh wait, do we have to be straight as well?

2:28 AM  
Blogger Ashley did the happy dance and finally said..

I love your writing style, my god! You made me laugh the whole way through. Thanks for the best read I've had all day :)

ashley (new in these here parts)

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

U mean there isnt a line of men waiting outside ur door for ur hand in marriage?!?!...im shocked!...in tat case, I'l hav Q number 1 please!

PS:I jus realized tat i unconciously listened to u n didnt hav any coffee tho whole day!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Kucing Gatal did the happy dance and finally said..

I want all that too... :)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Mint Chutney did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi, this post leads me to believe that we are long lost sisters. This list was so dead on! Plus, the timing couldn't be better because it reminds me how lucky I am. Thanks!

10:07 AM  
Blogger The Box did the happy dance and finally said..

"Yeah, you're hot and all, but will our kids be smart?"

"Er, whaddya mean?"

"Exactly. Waiter! Check please!"

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

So, satisfying any one of these is enough...

Lets see now... umm....err...aah well this is too easy :o)

sauntered in ...newbie here.
Nice blog.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown did the happy dance and finally said..

YOU FORGOT MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:36 PM  
Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock did the happy dance and finally said..

Girls are SO hard to please.

Most men, now, will say thay also need at least 6 of the qualities on your list. But plant some cleavage in their faces and see how long they remember any of the rest!

Me, I'm a little kinky. Apart from the brains and the sense of humour (and no, not just laughing at MY jokes, she must have some of her own too), I check out hands, eyes and voice. I'm surprised you didn't mention voice - can you imagine waking up to somebody who sounds like Homer Simpson? Or Bugs Bunny?

J.A.P.

1:51 PM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

YEAH!! yu go girl!! now if he doesnt come running after reading this ill stand by your door to club down all the riff raff.. OKAY?

2:41 PM  
Blogger Arjun did the happy dance and finally said..

Lemme check:
Intelligence? More than a dino, anyways!
Dirty mind? Equal to stinking undies.
Smile? Well... if you can smile at my PJs guess.
Show you're needed? Why else would I come here everyday?
Have a brain? I AM book smart (thanks to Sparknotes.com).
Friend? Of course!
Passion, Approval, Appreciation? At least, for the first year!
Not making you feel dumb? As long as you don't search for DVDs you're sitting on top of!

You've found the PUUUURFect man! Marry me!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

HAHA! you guys are awesome =D I read all your comments and i was on the FLOOR laughing my ass off hahaha

garfy - wooo! i've never been anyones cosmic twin before..now i have a job description =D sure i'll send some over, but apparently you're having better luck than i am! send some over HERE man! share and care baby, share and care (more like u do the sharing, ill do the caring ;) )

Jay - OH DAMN YOU AND YOUR GAY TENDENCIES! pfft. Turn straight for one minute and i guarantee you'll be snapped up in an instant =D

uma - hi! welcome ..yup 'sense of humor' falls under point number 3, i would NEVER miss that one out =)

ashley - hello! *pours ashley some tea* scones? thanks very much =) glad you liked it.. do drop by again!

anonymous - you're spamming my blog. get out before i kick your ass. grr.

rajesh - haha wow.. the power of suggestion! well done m'boy! here's to a caffeine free day =)

kucing - hello *serves kucing some catnip biscuits*. i'm starting to think we should send the men for training. uh-oh..i sense rising hostility from the men ..eeps!

minty - woohoo! here's to finding long lost sisters all over the world =D you're a very lucky lady minty! give your hubby a pat on the back from me =) (and tell him..we're watching him.)

box - oye. u have no idea how many times that scene has recurred in real life for me (well..not word-for-word, but smthg along those lines) hahaha mentally i slowly scratch the guys name off my list and mumble to myself -"Another one bites the dust."

arjun - hullo hullo! iced tea or orange juice?*pours iced tea*
'So, satisfying any one of these is enough...'
nono dear =) you gotta have ALL. these are the basic requirements :P (i know..i'm going to rot in the corner of hell meant for whiny, picky people)
thanks for dropping by!

jups - money is such a prereq that i didnt even feel i had to mention it :S oh boy..this list will never end! but yes "No.11 - MONEY MONEY MONEY" =P *evil-money-grabbing-cackle*

j.a.p - haha most men are easy like that! since we're talking kinky,between u and me, i'm a legs girl. hehe. Well you know, if all the above qualities are covered, thats quite an accomplishment! i'm willing (reluctantly) to look past the homer simpson/bugs voice...well..i'll TRY. :P

grafx - now thats my sistah! =D yaay! i have my very own bouncer! OH OH!!!!!! BRING YOUR DOG ALONG! my fella MUST love dogs (point no.12)

couchie - :O...is Mahi's search over? Or was it not meant to be...Tune in..
Same time
Same channel..
*dum dum dummm*
*Cue closing credits running to 'Days of Our Lives' theme song*

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi - Now u gotta stay away from the coffee!!...

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

APPLAUSE!!! must say pretty basic requirements, Mahi!!!

Lets try n think/imagine out-of-the-box for a second!!!

Mahima's guy, with all of the above options + money, is worth....blah-blah-blah brownie points!!!

Mahima gaining the approval from her family to marry the guy...i.e. marraige expense.....blah-blah-blah brownie points!!!

Mahima finally off to her hubby's place with lots n lots of happy family dreams...blah-blah-blah brownie points!!!

Mahima "checking" off all the above list of points and not able to help but smile wide....blah-blah-blah brownie points!!

Mahima actually mentioning POINT# 10, the mile-long grin on Mahima's hubby's face watching Mahima doing all the daily house chores and regretting for marrying the guy, and lastly her hubby "CHECKING" off the same list she made before the marraige......PRICELESS!!!!

jokes apart.....its always wise to set rules, esp. such as yours:), cz sometimes making rules may involve breaking a few!!!:) hence...be the good'ol wise that you are!!!:)

Now i can read all the prior comments for this blog!!!:)

Gluck!!!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

rajesh - no! I *heart* coffee


hahaha thanks alot JAY. stop trying to burst my happy little bubble ok! the world is cruel enough :(

10:57 PM  
Blogger Iraldo did the happy dance and finally said..

thanks for that, Madame. i've always counted on my goodlookinness...never had any luck i must say.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

iraldo..there there. :P

11:12 PM  
Blogger SoNyA did the happy dance and finally said..

haha be careful when u set rules mahi... sometimes u end up falling for e total opposite... "the heart has its reasons... " haha practicality aside... what about OPENNESS :P

12:18 AM  
Blogger FRZ did the happy dance and finally said..

best of luck
wat about balding men? curious

1:30 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

I'd say this pretty much nails what I'd look for too....ESPECIALLY sense of humor. That's my #1 biggie.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

sonya - openness....well im trusting that the guy will be open enoug for me to like =)

faz - baldING or bald? :P

webmiztris - thank you!:D yep a sense of humor is really important for me to...if he cant make me laugh then noooooo way in hell!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Does this guy hav to be someone u knw?...Or can he be just a guy who leaves comments on ur blog and hav a addiction to coffee? ;)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Casablanca did the happy dance and finally said..

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Casablanca did the happy dance and finally said..

I think sense of humour is over-rated.. do you want a boyfriend or a court jester? Agreed you cant go out with a total nerd, but face it, not everyone can be funny. Life's not a sitcom.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

rajesh - well, unfortunately (or fortunately) i reckon i need to know the guy for quite a while ..why?do u know someone? :P

casablanca - nope, it doesnt have to be sitcom funny, coz i agree- in you face gags do get very tiring..maybe i should have been more specific...how about 'wit'? its a turn on (for me, at least)..but a completely serious person, who can't and WON'T see the lighter side of life probably isnt good for anyone (including himself)

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

madame: does the guy need to have it all or do you have like a cut-off number of characterstics that need to be matched...

is 0 out of 10 (its officially 11 right) an acceptable score ?

9:54 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dearest rumpy - the above mentioned points are THE MOST basic. the list could be a mile long, but these are the basic-est.
:P
and no. 0 out of 11 isnt acceptable at ALL.
work harder
*wags a finger*

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google