03 April, 2008

Mirror mirror, on the wall...

Is it possible to feel yourself age by about 10 years, in a matter of days, coz I could've sworn that wrinkle wasn't there a few days ago.

I've been living the saying 'When it rains, it POURS' and I'm not just talking about the blasted weather here.

Mom's been ill and I've taken about a week off work to look after her and it's been exhausting.
There.
I said it.

I love my mom and I hate seeing her under the weather, but wow...you only start to notice your own strained neck muscles, tensed up shoulders, intense exhaustion and delicately held-together sanity when the day is finally through.
Add to the mix the looming possibility of my (already paid-for) holiday plans falling through, a boy with issues that may or may not be because of me and a whole host of other annoyances....and I have my very own ticking bomb just waiting to go off - Me.


Jesus.
What's going on.
I'm sure to everyone else I look the same but I feel like a totally different person altogether.
Biggest thing I've learnt so far? That some things are just better left to work themselves out. You can't control didley.

Let it be, let it be, let it be.

In a way, realising that is such a relief.

In the mean time, all I can do is try... and leave the rest to the big guy in the sky.


Update: Sure, Nelly Furtado sang a little ditty about all good things coming to an end, but I'd love to add some fine print to that - All bad things come to an end, as well :)
Things are looking up.
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Sig did the happy dance and finally said..

good to see u back and i agree with notion u just have to letr some things be....

good luck :)

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

We are lucky that we live in this beautiful world aren't we?

Hang in there - good things will come to you (pretty much randomly :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

Before I start thinking of weird places, where is that wrinkle?

2:02 PM  
Blogger Miss M did the happy dance and finally said..

Holiday plans falling through?? :O But.. but.. the last time we spoke everything was alright na??

WHAT HAPPENED!

7:54 PM  
Blogger 4wD did the happy dance and finally said..

10 years, huh... so, you're an older woman now? nice...

3:22 PM  
Blogger 4wD did the happy dance and finally said..

oh, and by the way, remember me?

3:23 PM  
Blogger chitgo did the happy dance and finally said..

been some time since I came down here...sorry to hear of troubling times but hope they'll get better soon :)
cheers!

12:15 PM  
Blogger chitgo did the happy dance and finally said..

hey! where are you?

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google