02 December, 2007

The One Where Mahi Goes Windsurfing

Okay so yesterday, the Company (why 'company' and not 'the office'? I don't know...'the Company' just sounds so much more cooler) and I went windsurfing.
Now, believe this or not, but I've never actually done any windsurfing before...I know, I know - what a shocker right? Given that I'm so athletic and love getting myself sweaty and chipped-naily and all.

Anyway, so here are a few things that virgin windsurfers ought to know-


1) The windsurfing instructors make it look really cool when they're giving you a demo. "See how easily I swing myself atop the board? I barely used any arm strength at all! See how easily I pulled up the sail without falling over like a doofus? Easy-peasy!"

NOT easy-peasy.

Don't be fooled.

Windsurfing WILL result in you struggling to get on top of the board (very ungracefully and with arms and legs flying everywhere, might I add), it WILL involve you falling forwards/backwards/sideways every time u try to pull up the sail - once again very ungracefully, and it WILL result in your beautiful previously-unscarred legs to get horribly scarred and sore.

2) Windsurfing will leave you feeling battered and bruised the next day. Your muscles will ache and your knees- even more so. Keep muscle relaxants and pain meds close by. You will be needing them.

3) Windsurfing leaves one very very hungry at the end of it. Or maybe it's just me. I can't be too sure on this one.

4) If you are windsurfing on the beach (as opposed to......anywhere else haha) be prepared to get stung and bitten by jellyfish and other monstrous creatures of the sea. Not a very pleasant experience.

5) This one isn't really specific to windsurfing really- if you are doing anything at the beach, be psychologically prepared to have sand going places where God did not intend for it to go.

6) And lastly, if you're wearing board shorts whilst windsurfing, please ensure they are tied TIGHTLY before going into the water.


Having said all that, it WAS immense fun.
This whole 'trying new things' stuff really is kinda cool!
***

I just got back from watching 'Enchanted' and I loved it.
I've always been fond of good old-fashioned cartoons and James Marsden.

Maybe it's the fact that I think James Marsden is hotness personified or that he's just surprisingly good at comedy but he was pretty much the highlight in this one, who woulda thunk it eh? Comedy suits him.
Patrick Dempsey is in this one too. His role wasn't too different from his McDreamy role in Grey's Anatomy, though.

It was a lovely, innocent and slightly warped movie.
Loved it!

That's all folks, have a great weekend :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Oh MY GOd ENCHANTED ROCKED
FOR EVERY ONE who reads mahi's blog i demand u to watch this movie..ull be laughin till ur rolling..Thanks mahi baby for bringin me fer this one=)

1:24 AM  
Blogger Renovatio did the happy dance and finally said..

Hey, it could be worse... you could've encountered the big guy at the beginning of this movie while windsurfing too...

7:15 PM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

WooHOO!!! Sounds like absolute, unadulterated FUN!!! Me wants to go tooo!!! But you know what... your post reminded me of the first time I went ice-skating... preeetttyyyy similar experience I tell you... right down to the falling and being hurt and being sore and achy the whole of next day... but hey!! It gets better and better... I'm like a ballerina on ice now!!! :D And I've been waiting to see Enchanted... glad to know the reviews sound good :D

7:51 PM  
Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

So, where did the sand go?

9:53 AM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

Pray tell me, why are there no pics of the happy event???!!!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Renovatio did the happy dance and finally said..

@apoo
On her sandwich man, that's like the worst place it could possibly go. What'd you think.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google