30 July, 2005

Reminiscing Pt.2

I know my previous post already had memories of Australia in it, but after reading Dev's nostalgia-inducing comment to my entry, I just felt that I had to write about whatever he had written about..I somehow had to get it out of my system, coz the way I'm missing Melbourne, is just plain crazy.
Some of these might be private jokes, but please..humor me =)

ds said...
mahima!
some memorable moments:
-john Malcovich

After a drunken night out in town, we returned to Arpeeta's apartment to play charades. Now, being drunk is funny in itself, but being drunk AND playing charades is just plain hilarious coz half of us didn't know what the hell we were doing. One of the movies we had to act out was 'Being John Malkovich'. We had R doing weird bhangra steps (out of frustration) to act it out.

Need I go on?:P

Oh..and we all got home at 8..thats 8 in the A.M. Needless to say, the rest of the day was spent sleeping off a mother of a hangover.


-basic instinct

Again, poor R was chosen to act out 'Basic Instinct'. So he just sat there uncrossing and crossing his legs over and over and over again. None of us could guess it.

At least thats what he thought. =)


-who's the mafia?

Before we played charades, we played this game called 'Mafia'..most would know it as 'Police and Thief' or something like that, anyway its too complicated to explain. Just know that every.single.one.of.us cheated. Big time. And we still screwed up the game.


-who's the FART mafia?

There were 6 of us in the car, on our way back from visiting the 12 Apostles (well..8 and half now) and some nincompoop kept farting every 2 minutes. We were hellbent on finding out who it was..so hellbent that at one point in time, Arpeeta turned around to find 4 people trying to sniff her butt. Yes, it turned out she was innocent and no, we weren't drunk. Our very scientific, CSI-like investigations, included describing the fart (much like how one would describe wine) and then owning up to what you had eaten that day. We also had to describe how it soun- ...oh never mind. You get the idea.

I never did find out who it was. (But it wasn't me, I swear.)


-"hugs and kisses"

At S's place, Dev taught us a game thats like 'Taboo' but in reverse (i.e- u tell your team mates a word, and they have to guess 5 words associated with it. These 5 words must already be in the list that you made before your turn.) I think the word was Kamasutra, and I had to guess a bunch of words..after guessing the usual 'pleasure, orgasm, position, 69..' a bunch of totally rude, bad bad words rushed into my head (like I had a reeeally bad case of Tourette's exploding in my mind and trying its darndest to make its way out of my mouth).

It was all I could do to say 'errrr...ahh..*people looking expectantly*...hugs and kisses?'

(Something tells me I'm going to get a lot of google and yahoo referrals for this post.)

-zygote???

The word was 'pregnant' and me being the eccentric scientist-at-heart that I am, the FIRST word that I shout out is 'Zygote!'..Everyone in room looks at me with the expression that says "W.t.f, mate? Are you for real?"


-unisex bathrooms! ha!

For some confounding reason, I kept walking into Male toilets! The first time was after salsa class, Arpu and I ask Dev where to toilet is and he vaguely points us in the direction ahead of where we were standing.Oddly enough, on the door, there's a picture of a rather manly looking figure. We enter and I pop my head into the adjoining room to see URINALS there...'Must be a unisex toilet..these Aussies!' *shakes head*. Walking out, we find Dev and his friend Sid, laughing. While we had gone, they got a shock seeing 2 women exit from the toilet behind them.

My badluck streak didnt end that day..I kept on walking into male toilets. I don't know why. Anyone care to psychoanalyse that?


-absinth....GRRR!

bottoms-upping Absinth..68% or 78% alcohol..not walking straight 10 minutes later..'nuff said, my friend. Thanks for introducing it to me, Dev =D I could feel all the bacteria and virus in my system,dying after taking one sip of it. It was that strong.


-more than words!

Playing the guitar and singing 'More than words'..what an evening! what an evening!

-left profile baby

A few of us having crooked noses..which would explain we look good with left profile pictures. What would you guys do without me =) *mahi takes a bow, and credit for enlightening everyone*


garlic bread with a fork??

Why the hell is eating garlic bread and pizza with a fork, wrong?!!? I've done weirder things man! I had the mickey taken out of me for not eating with my hands. sheesh.

-Salsa boy

At salsa class, there happened to be less men than women. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to announce that I can now Salsa..MALE salsa that is. I had to play the part of the man and I am now an expert in basic male salsa steps. Buggery.


-ssshhh ramu ssshh! at 6am!

Mink and I only had one set of extra keys to the place we were staying at. One night (morning?it was 6am), I happen to reach home alone, with a bursting bladder, only to realise that a)I have no keys on me and b)everyone at home is asleep except for the dogs. So I'm there, out in cold fumbling for the keys that-were-never-there, and the stupid mutt start barking and howling. "Shh Ramu! It's me! Mahi! You know me! Please keep quite you stupid mutt shhhh!" *puts finger to mouth*. No good. He still continues to howl.

So the fear of having the cops being called on me, grandparents and entire family coming out and screaming at me for waking them up AND being caught in the cold with a full bladder, spurred me into action. I carefully (and very ungracefully) climbed over the fence (wonder how that looked to the neighbours), jumped over to the other side and went into the house through the doggie door. The dogs looked at me like I had gone mental (i probably did look mental..climbing over fences is so very bad for your hairstyle).

Anyway I made it safely back to bed. The next morning everyone wondered why the dogs kept howling at 6 am the morning.

-that low low top you wore on my b;day ;)

this speaks for itself =P The top went a bit haywire..oh well! Nothing that a bit of tape and a safety pin couldnt handle. ohhh boy.



hahha...mahi, and that's just from the top of my head...there are heaps more.
had an awesome time with you mate...miss the laughs we had...and you realy did manage to turn into a blonde while u were here..haha, good work.

thanks for coming - we'll catch up again soon-la. ;)

Ahh meeeeemories

*chuckle*

16 Comments:

Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

Thats sounds hell lotta fun. And seriously, u need to do something about your gas problems and stop blaming others!! :P

3:32 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

apoorva - for pete's sake! it wasnt me! if it was, id have laughed and apologized..sheeeesh.
i feel so...so...targetted! I WAS FRAMED I TELL YA!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

very NICE! I cant believe you mistook the male toilet more than once... Mahiii.. what've you been up to? ;) Pictures pleaseee???

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

mahi that was freaking hilarious...me and sheetal di were in fits of laughter!...by the way people>>mahi was the fart mafia..coz as soon as we left her home the farting stopped!..what say dev , ravi and jai?

12:39 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

titlee - haha titlee dont ask what went wrong with me..its like i suddenly went blind and couldnt differentiate the male-female signs :S okok ill put up a few pix soon =D

arpu - once again :@ it WASNT ME! i knew i was being framed...ull get yours, you anonymous fartster.
grrr

10:37 AM  
Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

Good! I have arpeeta to prove my previous comments were not wrong. Mahima, many doctors could help you on this. Seriously, consider treatment. Imagine farting on ya marriage night or something....

10:08 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

apoorva - :@ damn you! i do NOT have farting issues !! And fyi - even if i do fart...its *sniff* only natural.
what?u dont fart?
and dont mind arpu..she claims she NEVER farts. yea. RIGHT.
And anyway..my hubby and I will be so in love..that perhaps we may fart in unison.
so THERE.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

mahi mahi lah...you're a good drawer lah...please do my portfolio lah...

yeah so why don't you tell them about the time you pretended to cry and made me feel bad? ey ey ey ?

ishq vishq...dhoom

10:48 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

ravi ravi ravi my monkey ravi...thats for yet another entry...hahaha
sigh there really is loads more to write isnt there?
=D
hope ure working on ure 'being john malkovich'
=P

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

heyyy..i wish i was there for the mel trip!!anyway dont worry i think arpu was the mafia fart!hahahhaa...

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

I cant help it...the unisex toilet thing jus keep cracking me up!...I can imagine the look on ur face...haha...

Now abt this blouse....how low was it actually? ;)

1:16 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

roohi - i so wish u could have come..ud have had such a blast :D and yea...i think it was her too..pfft..its that innocent face i tellya!

rajesh - hahah i honestly thought i was going nuts..i mustve walked into a male toilet at least 5 times..ahem..the blouse was low enough :P

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi!

what a great blog - hillarious.
and it's all thanks to you for the memories mate. You really are a clown.
And Remember, you CAN get away with low tops in melbourne...:p

i so wanted to take a photo of you squeezing through that small doggie door. hahaha..

7:21 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

dev - woah woah hey. i have a reputation to keep. no unglam and/or fugly pictures of me..EVER.

11:01 AM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

*wipes tears from eyes*..that was sooooooooo funny!!...oh man.... sigh.. lol...


hey thanks for dropping by my blog... welcome anytime!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

grafxgurl - thanks =D (i know ive prob said this a million times but here goes..) I HAD A BLAST there

it was my pleasure! thanks for stopping by!!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google