07 November, 2006

Fame meet Mahima, Mahima meet Fame (sorta)

It would seem my video post is getting positive reviews! In the light of this, keep your eyes peeled coz more videos are definitely on their way :D I was actually worried about anonymity issues before I put it up and then I remembered that I've put more pictures and descriptions of me, my friends, my family and my LIFE, than I can remember. Oh well any remanents left of my anonymity definitely flew out the window with the last post!

ANYWAY
The COOLEST thing happened this morning!

I was at uni for an 8 am class, which SUCKS for two reasons because-1) getting up early at 630 am is inhumane and 2) flexing you're brain trying to figure out the mechanisms of the brain at the ungodly hour of 8 am is also inhumane.
However these two problems are usually remedied by A lovely mocha from the cafe at my uni : The Grinning Gecko (If anyone from the Gecko is reading this - Please sponsor my mochas. It's the least you can do in return for the free publicity.)

Anyway onto the good stuff!
So I walked towards my class and a few girls were walking towards me, one of them stared. So I looked and gave her a small "Yes, yes I know that you know that I know you're staring, so let's not get hostile and all so just smile back, 'kay?" smile.
She was Indian, and I'm sure every single Indian will testify to this - Indians love to stare at other Indians. It's like they've NEVER laid eyes on another Indian before!

OKAY, so I smiled..she gave me a small smile back.
I went into class, put my bag down, and went back out to visit the little ladies room. Upon entering I saw the same girl talking animatedly to her friends..and they fell quiet when I entered
Okaaaaaay...
I was clipping up my hair when suddenly I heard her say something with the word 'blog' in it.
Hair half-clipped I slowly turned and said cautiously "What?"
She hesitantly took a step forward and said "Do you....have a blog?"
Pause "Um......Yeees......."
"Are you......Mahima?"
We both stared at each other with the full weight of the absurdity of the situation hitting us.
I stared open-mouthed (Yes I am not even HALF as quick witted in real life than I am on this blog), finally grinned and said "Yes!"

Turns out she was an exhange student from Canada who had landed at my blog via Rohan's blog.
I was overjoyed and I asked her "Oh! Do you know him personally?"
"No, I don't I was just reading through his posts and I was looking at his blogroll and I just decided to click on your link. I saw that you were in NUS and I thought it would be so cool if I happened to meet you on my exchange here!"
"Well there you go!"
Alas, I had to rush back to class coz I spied my tutor making her way there. We shook hands and I said "It was great meeting you!" and she replied "Same! If you see a comment from Shruti, you'll know who it is."


Hey Shruti! Here's a big "Hellloooooooo fellow uni-mate-and-blog-reader!" to you! You totally made my day babe. :)

And speaking of making days, check out the first video at Miz Bohemia.
Gracias, my gorgeous-yogic-kind hearted-curly haired friend! :D Besos, baby!

Moahaha
Today.... Fickle Fame decides to show Mahi some love.
Tomorrow.....World Domination!
*Cue theme song from 'Pinky and the Brain'*

Teehee!

Labels:

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

call me when you come back down

3:27 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

abhi - do i HAVE to call u? :P

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

u know u will ...
but first, focus on ur task at hand (viz. come down)


(my word verification was 'dwakugux' .. wonder why?)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

Hello? I can't believe you thought I would be envious about this! This sounds like a total nightmare! I woulda totally flipped out - seriously.

But I'm glad you liked it :-p

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

*ooo!!!* This is so exciting!! imagine having someone recognize you !! SO COOL!! see! more video posts!!

now people will be asking for the BIG BROTHER type videos!! EEKS!!


:D

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Hey u look very refined.

12:31 AM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

how lucky Mah...really great going there :) the only time I ever get a reaction like that is when I meet some long lost frien of my elder brother's... "Ooooooohhhhh!! A's KID SIS!!!! How IS he????" I'm still wondering what i ought to react like that to THAT kind of fame... suggestions???

1:45 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

I got recognized from my blog before and it totally freaked me out! alas, the life of a celebrity... ;)

3:03 AM  
Blogger 4wD did the happy dance and finally said..

hey, i finally saw the video , WITH sound. Very cool. If we're ever within 500km of each other, we must get dinner and rum.

So, say hello to meenakshi for me, yea? :) And say nice things about me.

3:06 AM  
Blogger sac did the happy dance and finally said..

aye, so famous that someone (from Mooresville, NC, USA, apparently) landed up on my blog today as the result of Yahoo-searching for "Mahima paunch"...!!!
okayyy, guessing that isn't you then.. :)

6:31 AM  
Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

She must have asked if u were the Mahima so she could stay away henceforth! Ever thought of that?

Abhi: Not in public man... not in public!
My imagination is running wild!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

abhi - oh u! *hand flop* you couldve just said that in the first place! all this beating around the bush :P

jay - awwwwwwwwwwwwww poor baby you've probably printed out my pic, stuck it on your door and darted it a million times...its okay jay its okay... your day will come :D hahahaah (or not...if your mum puts two and two together....)

grafx - lol they can ask! but whether i put up big brother videos or not ;) well, well thats anybodies guess hehehe

thanks faith *gives faith a refined smile* :D

dewdropdream - kk THIS is what you do...first make sure u have a whole stack of glossy studio taken pix (to hand out to the adoring fans), make sure u have a good quality PEN (for autographs u know) and make sure u look ure best at all times (in case a fan happens to have a camera too) oh and smile and be gracious at all times ( you never know who may be watching and good publicity goes a long way!)
hahahaah gawd i kill myself sometimes!

dawn - indeeed mah deah! it's a dirty job (being famous and all) but someones gotta do it. caviar, dahhlink? :D

ninja - oh NINJA you wouldnt be trying to get me drunk now would u? BAD ninja! and minkashi is very much attached -scowl-

sac - *splutter* PAUNCH!?!!?!? WHAT THE...let me at him!!!! stupid-weird dude from mooresville....i'm onto you.
seriously...'mahima paunch'? thats so retarded..almost as retarded as the people who land on my blog after searching for'hot indian aunties', 'mahima boobs' and 'is wentworth gay' (HE IS NOT!)
idiots.

apoo - no apoo i didnt think of that and honestly ure just about the only person who'd think about staying away from the gorgeous creature that i am.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia did the happy dance and finally said..

*Swoon* Talk the hyphenated talk and capture a bohemian's heart FO SHO! FO SHO!!!!

Oooh! You are famous! Bask in the glory of your fame you funky blogga you!!!

DANCING THE DANCE ELECTRIC FOR YO' BAD SELF!

OW! HIT ME NOW!

*GASP* I know someone famous! YEAH! HARD CORE!

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Sigh...the price of fame, is the lost of friends!...i know it too well, not cos i got famous or anything, more like when everyone else is getting famous around me!, here goes another one.....sigh....

10:19 PM  
Blogger DewdropDream did the happy dance and finally said..

Mahi!!!! Those are my BRO's FANS!! not mine... yaar they never have eyes or ears for me... where on earth will acting all nice and la-di-da get me??? :((

3:33 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

miz b - hehe i knew ud so love the hyphenated talk!
hahaah you're so nutty yummy mummy! ilove it i love it i love it :D

rajesh - you know i just realised that i may have quite possibly forgotten to wish u a (belated)happy birthday! sorrrryYy! *sings 'happy brithday to uuu' *

dewdrop - heheeh i was kidddddddddding babe! they're not your fans? i wouldnt be so sure ;)

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Yup, *small voice* you kinda lil almost actually did forget my b'day *small voice*

But its okay, us lil ppl cant be disturbing you famous ppl wit trivial matters such as the day of my birth!


sigh....the price of fame....

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

heyyy
yup its the SHRUTI!
lol..

glad I made ure day! I just couldnt believe I actually ran into u.. I wasnt sure at first... but all in all... not bad.. actually meeting some random blog person without prior notice!

haha

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Let me be the odd-million-th person to say this - very cute video! :)

As for world domination... you have got some competition my friend.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

rajesh - whaaaat im bad with numbers okaaaaaaay :P

shruti - heeellloo :D i know! what were the odds that we'd meet? it was definitely a very very pleasant surprise babe :)

urbanpro - :D thank u! pffft competition..details details *waves hands vaguely*

9:22 PM  
Blogger twip did the happy dance and finally said..

Oh I love pinky and the brain!

And, and its insanely cool that you get recognised and all, in my case itll just be scary...what with all the trolls and all.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

"...some random blog person..."

*blows mahi to pieces*

1:07 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

megha - for you, it would be downright worrying coz the trolls would do really mean things to u!

abhi - ......hardly. but nice try anyway! :)

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google