07 June, 2005

Height of Irrelevance

Ok..after last night's little debacle, i'm in a much better mood thank you

Hhere's something i forgot to tell you guys..its hilarious (in retrospect) tho when it happened i wanted to pull out my hair.
Keep in mind that some people think I ALLEGEDLY have a bad sense of direction and i can ALLEGEDLY get lost like that *snap* (SO not true.)

[ Time :645 am, Setting: Mahi on the bus on her way to the Shangrila for her first day of work]

(Phone buzzes violently)
Me: Yes mom? (Hurries to lower the volume coz mom speaks um..very loudly)
Mother: Mahi!?!?!?!!?! Are you ok!?!?!?!!?!?!?! Where are you???You know where to go, na??
(Proceeds to give me directions for the 5th time)
Me: Motherrr..i know where to go! Can you relax?Bye!!

(A while and 4 phone calls later)
Me: Yessssss motherrrrrr?How may i help you?
Mother: Which stop are you at?? You get off at the one after this stop..nono wait..after
3 more stops..nono wait..or is after so-and-so stop....
Me: (silence)
Mother: Wait wait..let me ask your dad.
Me: Yes you do that. And pass the phone to dad.
Dad: Hello?
Me: Dad.i know where to get off..for the 20th time I.KNOW.WHERE.TO.GET.OFF. Stop calling
Why do u guys underestimate me so much?!!?
Dad: Yes you and i know..your mom's just a bit worried
Me: Distract her please..if she keeps calling like this, i'll miss the stop.
Dad: haha ok ok..wait hold on

(Here Dad tells Mom i'll be fine..and Mom says something back)

Dad: You're mom wants to know something.
Me: What now.
Dad: (And i can almost hear him trying not to laugh) She wants to know what handbag you're
carrying.
Me: (silence)
Dad: (silence)
Me: That is so completely and utterly irrelevant right now. I'm not answering that.
Dad : *chuckles* Ok ok bye have fun.


Motherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
It doesn't end there..i decided to call my mom when i reached, to allay her fears

Me: Mom..I've reached
Mother: Mahi!!! When you called my heart was in my mouth!!!! Your brother, na...he has a
black tongue..he said
"I bet you 20 bucks..she's calling coz shes lost"
Me: What an ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!
Mother: Mahi! How dare you use such language! Don't call you brother that!
Me: Ok ok sorry i have to go now byeeeeeee
Mother: By the way...what handbag are you carrying?
Me: Bye mother.

*click*


Mahi-haters remember ONE THREE things.
I may not always know my way around.
I may not always get my directions right.
And every now and then, I may get my bearings in a tizzy.

BUT I ALWAYS REACH MY DESTINATION.
(and if i don't..i wont hesistate to take a cab.)

GOT THAT?

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

the apple doesnt fall far from the tree mahi....i can so picture you doing that to your daughter one day, with the added question "what shoes are you wearing??"

12:33 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

well thats coz i'd want her to look good with the right shoes...what does my handbag have to do with anything in such high pressure moments??

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

what was that about the handbag?!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

that was my mom being completely out of point.
haha

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

mahi, u haven't picked up that meme yet. :-D
why not take a few minutes off for it and do it? i wouldn't insist if it weren't for the fact that its about books.

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

oh.. i forgot to tell u. i have added ur blog to my blogroll.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris did the happy dance and finally said..

whew! I'm so glad you made it. I didn't think you would. ;)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

mandar - yup yup ill do the meme...so what if pple know im really reading stuff thats meant for 8 yr olds?!?! :P

dawn - u and my mom both :@ grrrrrrr..but yea..wow..it was a pretty close shave there..yknow between the traffic light and the busstop..i thought i wouldnt be able to make it. :|

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

hahaha..i think she just didnt want u to carry that kachra handbag that u carry(the one which doesnt match with anything) so that u wont look like a fool..hehe.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

damn u:@ it doesnt HAVE to match...mistmatch is the NEW COOL ok.
*rolls eyes*
im so way ahead of my time here.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Arjun did the happy dance and finally said..

:lol:

That was funny. I'm not fantastic with directions, either. ;)

8:43 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

haha thank u...thats my mom...she's a bag of (unintentional) laughs..
u know the worst part is..im not even THAT bad with directions...i am SO misunderstoof by this world.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google