08 August, 2005

Back to School..and a Bhangra night.

Today marked the start of university..
Back to NUS, as a second- year student, back to taking that horrible 45 minute train ride, back to sitting on that same bus, back to silently hoping and praying you'll spot a few beautiful people that will make the day less boring and the scenery less monotonous to look at.

Depressed? Damn right.
The very thought of having to wake up at the god-forsaken hour of 630 am for an 8 am class is enough to...to...to make me wanna skip that class. I'm already thinking up excuses. Ha.

Is the beautiful, rose-tinted, heavenly-smelling, soft post-holiday haze around me, evaporating?
Yup.
It sure is.
(I just realised that I made it sound like I walk around in a cloud of air-freshner. Anyway..)
Seeing familiar people around me, visiting the same food stall, seeing the same cute guy or two, holding my breath while standing next to some guy who has terrible b.o has helped to slowly bring me back down to the real world.

Oh well, it aint all that bad..I did see an astonishing number of beautiful people today. By 'beautiful people' I mean hot guys.
This cheered me up IMMENSELY..WHAT? I'm a visual person, ok?! I need my daily dose of eye candy.
"Ugh! How superficial of you, Mahima!"
Yea I know. Sue me.

I had all of one lecture today..I spent it sleeping with my eyes open. I wasn't the only one..everyone around me had a glazed-over look in their eyes. This cheered me up immensely too.

So speaking of cheering, my friends and I are going for a Bhangra night, tonight. For those of you who are going "Bhangrawat?", let me enlighten you.
A bhangra night is held once in a while, at a nice club (mostly) and they play punjabi music with crazy beats, the whole night.
The men are mostly drunk and hang around the bar, except for the scholars who go ab-so-lute-ly NUTS..I can't even classify what they do as 'dancing'.
The women are mostly drunk too, and haplessly hover near the bar, hoping that a sweet,kind,drunk soul will buy 'em a drink and marry them.
I was kidding about the drink part.
Ha!

Oh but the music rocks.
My friends and I don't go for these nights to get picked up (I've learnt my lesson after getting hit on by more than a few headcases..I'm starting to wonder if I have a sign on my head that says : Psycho's come to Me! Mahima really DOES want to know you!")
No we go to DANCE. And we dance our asses off.

It's all good clean fun for us.

Expect a full report on how the Bhangra night went.
Unless I'm too hungover, which means I'll be out of commission for the next 2 days.


And please...dear readers..please pray that I meet a nice, cute, rich boy...preferably NOT a psycho.
Your kind thoughts are much appreciated.

And for those of you who are sniggering and hoping that I meet a weirdo (and I KNOW who you are), well..all I can say is this- I hope you get hit on by a transvestite and I hope you kiss him thinking it's a girl.

You have been warned.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

your curses scare me... how can u curse someone (male or female) of kissing a transvestite... let me try one of my own curses...

u shud hit on some PSYCHO and kiss him thinkin hes a cute n kind guy...

have a great time ;-)

5:47 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

rumpy - I HATE YOU :O

6:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown did the happy dance and finally said..

Oh I might go too!! Indochine..right?

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

and i hate transvestites ;-)

have fun and i am sure u will find a cute n kind guy...

6:15 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

jups - YES!!!! omg! so cool! =D i'll be the super tall, slightly tipsy girl with jeans and a silk top see you!!

rumpy - thanks :P

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

madame: ur welcome... but was the description necessary... as in you already are right next to your comments and on your profile...

jups: just take a printout of the pic and keep lookin like 'lost n found' dept :)

*no more comments from rumpy for this post*

7:02 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

rumpy - u dont understand..im one of those people who looks really different in real life...
oh and HA HA.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Jay did the happy dance and finally said..

There's a gay Asian night here in London, called Club Kali. Lots of bhangra music and horrendously ugly guys dressed in colourful sarees, twirling around the room and leering at us.

"Omigod, we're in hell," muttered my friend the first (and only) time we went there.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

jay - ewwwww u poor things :S that scene would scare the pants off (or not) anyone!...thank god its not that bad here!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

garfy - u know ive never ONCE been to a club in india...but i reckon it would be mindblowing!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Arjun did the happy dance and finally said..

Have a good time, Mahi! Don't want your curse to work!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

She stays home on a sat night, whn most of the rich handsom guys are out patying, and she goes clubbing on a MON night, on a school night no less....and you wonder why u end up with psychos...Mahi, Darling, Love...U seriously need some coffee...

:)

PS: Enjoy urself, while I am all alone at work k...sigh...the plight of the social-lifeless...sigh

9:35 PM  
Blogger APOO did the happy dance and finally said..

LOL! Yes Mahi, you need to come to India to party at one of the clubs. Better still, land up in NYC for the best of both worlds.

And be careful of those silk tops. They have a tendency to slip away pretty easily....

Rajesh: I echo ya thoughts!

10:14 PM  
Blogger That Girl did the happy dance and finally said..

OK Mahi.. listen.. if you see the cute guy dancing the bhangra like he's trying to screw two light bulbs on at the same time and with one leg lifted half way..run like the wind...chances are he'd be a VARRRRRRRIII!!!!!! OYEE!!

10:21 PM  
Blogger The Box did the happy dance and finally said..

My first day (and night - it was an almost 24-hour orientation) at my Uni was, well, read on:

I join the marketing society.
They organise a piss up / finger-food party.
I thought, hey cool.
I turn up.
I meet some new folks.
They're all super-friendly.
Mainly cos of all the booze.
Then my new classmate, whips out his fucking dick and starts swirling the thing around.
My eyes darn near pop outta my head and ask "What the fuck are you doing?"

His reply?
"Mate! It's a COCKTAIL PARTAYYYYYYYYY!"

Girls crows around him and he starts doing a can-can style dance still, er, hanging out.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Apoorva - I think u might wnan rethink echoing my thoughts cos i jus realized tom...err...i mean today is a public holiday...

Mahi, u are right, it does come back to bite u in the ass...

Sigh, i knew i suld hav had that extra cup of coffee but nooo...i had to take someones advice and stop at just 2....sigh...

1:59 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

guys...thanks for the best wishes but i had a shit of a night
no more alcohol.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google